Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party Improvements - 7 suggestions / ideas
Hi Ray:

I have been meaning to get by here or chat to mention some party improvements but just haven't. Since I saw in Kong chat earlier today you mentioned the next patch will be improving these things I thought I should get by here and make mention of a few ideas/items just in case they weren't already on your radar.

1) The 'host' system. This is the most important issue in my opinion because it at times limits your more dedicated players.

I frequently am the 'host' to a party grinding. When I'm the 'host' even if I want to participate in a challenge, unless all my other party members are on, I'll often skip because I hate disrupting and breaking up the party. If someone is AFK I may have left them grinding in Inferno making terrible EXP.

Two suggestions on how to address. A) Make the party 'host' a session on the server not dependent on any one player. I realize this could add to the burden on the server and may not be ideal. B) Make it so if the 'host' leaves a party one of the remaining players becomes the host.

2) If the 'host' system remains based on a player, show us in some way who the host of the party is.

3) When attempting to join a party that already has the maximum number of players. Display a message that the party is already full. Instead it currently goes to "Connecting..." and then drops you back into your solo session with no message. Some users think this is the party system being buggy because they don't realize the party is full.

4) Misc connectivity issues I know you've already heard about "Player is offline" when they aren't, etc...

5) When someone joins a party always dumping them to the 1st zone of that planet is pretty annoying. If it must remain this way, how about an area where the 'host' could leave a message up so they could tell future joiners where they'd like to be grinding?

6) Allow guild members to see what zone the other members are in from the guild list before joining. (maybe in the tool tip when hover over 'Join'?)

7) That party/guild chat window will change focus to the "region" tab at times I think due to being moved between the lobby rooms. Occasionally this is annoying when typing a message and hitting send without realizing the focus had jump to the region tab.
Thought of two more...

How about in the Party chat mentioning who changed the zone you are in.

And also what about the host having an option to toggle on/off which party members can move the zone you're in?
and another one...

How about attempting to put you back into your party when finishing a challenge?
(06-21-2015, 04:15 PM)EvoGeek Wrote: Hi Ray:

I have been meaning to get by here or chat to mention some party improvements but just haven't. Since I saw in Kong chat earlier today you mentioned the next patch will be improving these things I thought I should get by here and make mention of a few ideas/items just in case they weren't already on your radar.

1) The 'host' system. This is the most important issue in my opinion because it at times limits your more dedicated players.

I frequently am the 'host' to a party grinding. When I'm the 'host' even if I want to participate in a challenge, unless all my other party members are on, I'll often skip because I hate disrupting and breaking up the party. If someone is AFK I may have left them grinding in Inferno making terrible EXP.

Two suggestions on how to address. A) Make the party 'host' a session on the server not dependent on any one player. I realize this could add to the burden on the server and may not be ideal. B) Make it so if the 'host' leaves a party one of the remaining players becomes the host.

2) If the 'host' system remains based on a player, show us in some way who the host of the party is.

3) When attempting to join a party that already has the maximum number of players. Display a message that the party is already full. Instead it currently goes to "Connecting..." and then drops you back into your solo session with no message. Some users think this is the party system being buggy because they don't realize the party is full.

4) Misc connectivity issues I know you've already heard about "Player is offline" when they aren't, etc...

5) When someone joins a party always dumping them to the 1st zone of that planet is pretty annoying. If it must remain this way, how about an area where the 'host' could leave a message up so they could tell future joiners where they'd like to be grinding?

6) Allow guild members to see what zone the other members are in from the guild list before joining. (maybe in the tool tip when hover over 'Join'?)

7) That party/guild chat window will change focus to the "region" tab at times I think due to being moved between the lobby rooms. Occasionally this is annoying when typing a message and hitting send without realizing the focus had jump to the region tab.

Thanks, a lot of good ideas! The "player is offline" message is often due to being in a full party, or not being the host, so hopefully a lot of these can be corrected simultaneously in upcoming updates.

Rock on.
Evo, if possible, i'd like you to come back to this after the next major patch and revamp some of your ideas if you don't mind. Most of these will be cleaned up/resolved with the new system, but you have some other ideas here that could be useful for future patches Smile
I'd be glad to.
Thanks for this update. It's been GREAT so far. Here is my feedback.

1) This is resolved

2) No longer applicable

3) Resolved

4) I think Resolved

5) Resolved

6) Still an idea

7) Unsure, I haven't spent much time in chat lately

New Items:

A) How about users that are offline for 'x' amount of time are removed from group? A party leader system could also help resolve this. Otherwise groups with an offline member that they want to fill the spot of all have to leave party and reform.

B) When joining party from the guild screen, it doesn't close. Leaving you wondering whether you are in the group or not until you manually close the window yourself.

C) I have seen a few people encounter (myself included) an issue where when a challenge ends they get stuck in a state where they aren't back in the active hunting party but instead waiting for the challenge fight scene to go away. When this happens to me, I refresh browser and am back in hunting party.

D) When finishing a challenge I frequently see the box pop up saying it couldn't connect me to the party, but I end up in the party. I think this is an old pop up from before the system that is still triggering.
Oh and these two are still in the 'ideas' section for improvements, but not necessary today.

E) How about in the Party chat mentioning who changed the zone you are in.

F) And also what about the host having an option to toggle on/off which party members can move the zone you're in?
There no longer is a party host.
(06-30-2015, 05:02 AM)EvoGeek Wrote: I have seen a few people encounter (myself included) an issue where when a challenge ends they get stuck in a state where they aren't back in the active hunting party but instead waiting for the challenge fight scene to go away. When this happens to me, I refresh browser and am back in hunting party.

Usually clicking a hunting planet or trying to cut wood will force the refresh. It's not a bug fix, but it gets you back to where you want to go quicker than a full relog.

Thanks for updating these suggestions!