Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Community WiP] Description Overhaul
As Analog mention in the Post below, its better we as Community should try to Improve the wording of the Game, to make it easy to understand for everyone.

-If you have an Idea for a Rewording, just Post below-
--- Last Updated: 20.06.2015 - 12:32 PM GMT+1 ---

--Upgrade--

-Hunting- (Upgrades that affect you throughout your world zone) New: Upgrades which affect your adventure progression.
*- Analog*

Time Extend: (Increase the amount of Time before a Creature heals) New: Increase battle timer..
*Just making it very Simple and understandable.* - Analog

HP Reduction: (Reduces monsters max health) New: Reduces the Max Health of non-Treasure Monster.
*A Boss is afaik a Monster too, so its bit more Clear.*

Coin Count: (Increases the amount of Coins a Creature can Drop) New: Increase max number of coins that can drop.
*Maybe its my English, but it reads for me, like you get ALLWAYS more Coins, and that is afaik not true.* - Analog

Gold Rate: (increases the % value in each Coin) New: Increase amount of gold per coin drop from non-treasure monsters.
*better Wording* - Analog

Treasure Hunter: (Increase the chance for treasure to show up) New: Increase treasure spawn rate.
*- Analog*

Huge Loots: (Increase rate of Treasure Gold Drops!) New: Increase amount of gold per treasure coin drop.
*Sometimes we have Rate or Amount, we should stick to 1* - Analog

Easy Loots: (Reduce the max Health of Treasure) New: Reduce the max Health of Treasure Monster.
*Even when a Treasure in Reality isnt a Creature, we should stick to 1 Term and in this Game, every Enemy is in some Way a Creature*

Triple Size: (Increase chance for TRIPLE the Gold loot) New: Increase chance for 3x the number of coins per drop.
*We should Stick to "Coins" and "Drop"* - Analog

-Auto- New: Idle
*Idle is more Common Wording then just "Auto"*

Auto Speed: (Increase the rate that you can auto attack) New: Idle Speed - Increase Idle attack rate - Current Attackspeed: 1 Attack per x.xx sec - Next Attackspeed: 1 Attack per x.xx sec
*Its Important to know, whats the Speed is* - Analog

Critical Chance: (Increase the Chance to Critical with auto Attacks) New: Idle Crit Chance - Increase chance for a critical Idle attack
*Sticking to the "Idle" Wording* - Analog

Critical Multiplier: (increase your critical auto attack damage multiplayer) New: Idle Crit Damage - Increase critical Idle attack damage
*More Simple and sticking to the Wording* - Analog

Base Damage: (Increase your Base auto attack Damage) New: Increase base Idle attack damage
*Sticking to the "Idle" Wording* - Analog

Double Attack: (Increase the Chance to double Attack. Ability for tripple and further attacks after 100%) New: Multistrike - Increase the Chance to attack multiple times. - Current: 2x = xx.xx % - Next: 2x = xx.xx%
*First, we deleted the not needed "further attacks" Part. If its needed then swap the 2x Number with 3x, when sb reaches 100%+*

-Click- New: Clix
*We should stick to 1 Wording Term*

Clix Speed (Rate that your Clix regenerates) New: Reduces the Time that your Clix regenerate - Current: xx Seconds - Next: xx Seconds
*The 'current' listing should not have a "-" sign* - Wildfire2099

Max Clix (Increases your Max Clix) New: Increases Max Clix to - Current: xxx - Next: xxx
*You shouldn't have to remember everytime what you started with.* - Wildfire2099

Attack Speed (Increase the Rate that you can Click attack) New: Clix Speed (Increase the Clix attack rate) Current: 1 Clix per x.xx Seconds - Next: 1 Clix per x.xx Seconds
*As Wildfire mention we Should show the Actual Speed, and not force Player to Calculate it self* Wording: - Analog

Critical Chance (Increase the Chance to Critically attack) New: Clix Crit Chance (Increase chance for a critical clix attack)
*Just Rewording* - Analog

Critical Multiplier (Increases your Critical Click Multiplier) New: Clix Crit Damage (Increase critical clix attack damage)
*Sticking to the same Wording as for Auto/Idle* - Analog

Base Damage (Increase your Base click Damage) New: (Increase base Clix attack damage)
*Sticking to the Clix Wording* - Analog

Double Attack (Increase the Chance to perform a Double Attack) New: Multistrike (Increase the Chance to attack multiple times.) Current: 2x = xx.xx % - Next: 2x = xx.xx%
*So its easier for a Player to see how often he can Attack, and for Ray to implement or not someday a 3x or 4x Attack Chance and show it simply*

-Woodcutting-

Axe Sharpening (Increases the strength of your axe) New: Increase axe damage.
* - Analog*

Energy Capacity (Increase your Maximum Woodcutting Energy) New: Current: xx - Next: xx
*The Skill Description and the Current/Next dont need both a explanation*

Gold Logging (Improve your cut for more valuable wood) New: Increase selling price of logs.
* - Analog*

Log Splitting (Increase the Chance for double wood logs) New: Increase chance for 2x the number of logs per drop. Current: xx % - Next: xx %
*The Skill Description and the Current/Next dont need both a explanation* - Analog

Critical Axe (Increase the Chance for double Damage when Woodcutting) New: Double Axe (Increase chance to cut for 2x damage.) Current: xx% - Next xx%
*The Skill Description and the Current/Next dont need both a explanation and its a Simple Double Dmg Increase, we dont need to talk here about Crit, because Crit Damage can Range from x to x. Double Damage is simply allways 2 times the Damage* - Analog

-Mining-

Energy Capacity (Increase your Maximum Mining Energy) New: Increase max mining energy. Current: xx - Next: xx
*The Skill Description and the Current/Next dont need both a explanation* - Analog

-Abilitys-

Crit Enhancer (Increase the Damage from Critical Attacks) New: Increase the Damage from Critical Clix and Idle Attacks
*Skill should mention, it count for Both*

Crit Chance Boost (Increase the Chance to critically Attack) New: Increase the Chance to Crit for Clix and Idle Attacks
*Skill should mention, it count for Both*

Damage Boost (Increase your click/auto attack Damage) New: Increase your Clix and Idle Attack Damage
*Sticking to the same Wording*

Speed Boost (increase your auto/Click Speed) New: Increase your Attack Speed for Clix and Idle Attacks
*Sticking to the same Wording*

Splat (Deals a mass amount of Damage in one swift Attack) New: Deals a massive Blow (can't Crit or Multistrike)
*We should Mention, that this dont get Modified by Crit Chance and/or Multistrike*

Time Freeze (Freeze time for a Duration) New: Freeze the Fighting Time for several Seconds (only 1/2 in 2-Man and 1/6 in 6-Man Challanges)
*I think this Information is Important to know!*

-Ascension-

Auto Damage (Increase your Auto damage further) New: Idle Damage (Increase your Idle Damage)
*Sticking to one Term, Idle*

Auto Speed (Increase your Auto Speed further) New: Idle Speed (Increase your Idle Attack Speed)

Auto Crit (Increase your Auto critical Damage further) New: Idle Crit Damage (Increase your Idle Crit Damage)

Click Damage (Increase your Click Damage furhter) New: Clix Damage (Increase your Clix Damage)
*Sticking to one Term, Clix*

Click Speed (Increase your Click Speed further) New: Clix Speed (Increase your Clix Speed)

Critical Click (Increase your Critical Click damage further) New: Clix Crit Damage (Increase your Clix Crit Damage)

Double Train (Increase pet feed amount per pet training session) New: Improved Pet Training (Increase the Value for each Training) Current: 2 Food - Next: 4 Food
*We Should Start with 2 Food, since thats the Standard Value, so its more Clear to see what u get*

Party Boost (Increase your Gold/XP gains while in a Party further) New: (You get more XP/Gold when you are in a Party)
*Dunno how to spell it the best way, but we need realy to clarify that ONLY you get the boost, WHEN you are in a Party...*

Woodcutting NRG (Increase your Woodcutting NRG gains) New:
*The heck is NRG? Not even i know that... we need a simpler description*

Mining NRG (increase your Mining NRG gains) New:

-Trophies-

Speed Boost Reduction (Reduce the Cooldown for Spee(d) Boost)
*Just a "d" is Missing in the Description*

Wood NRG Reduction (Reduce the Woodcutting NRG replenish Timer) New:

More follows soon...
I think a lot of people agree with this idea.

This might be something that the community as a whole can pull together on, going down the list one by one to help rephrase things to be clear, concise, and standardized.

As they say, 50 heads are better than 1, or something like that.

This way, Ray can spend all of 5 minutes rewriting everything at once rather than waste precious coding minutes that could be put to better uses, such as releasing the Guild Tavern update!

Rock on.
--Hunting Screen--

New Clickable "Thing" like the "Close" Planet at the Right Side.

-Ascension?-
*New Button, leads to new Screen with a Text Field and 5 Buttons*

Text Field:
When you complete all Planet's you are able to Ascend to the Next Universe.
Ascension will not Reset your Game Progress, it increase the Difficult for the Next Worlds and Reward you with Several Bonuses.
Warning: Check the Ascensions to make sure you can beat the first Enemy and be able to Progress

Ascension 1:
*1st Button*
Pop Up Window:
You need Level xx to Ascend.
After your first Ascend you get xx Ascension Points.
The First Monster start with Level X.

Ascension 2:
*2nd Button*
Pop Up Window:
You need Level xx to Ascend.
After your second Ascend you get xx Ascension Points + the Points from Ascension 1.
You get a Free Ascension Point Respec.
The First Monster start with Level x.

Final Ascension:
*3rd Button*
Pop Up Window:
You need Level x to Ascend.
After your Final Ascend you get xx Ascension Points + the Points from Ascension 1 & 2.
You get a Free Ascension Point Respec.
The First Monster Start with Level x.
The Final Ascension also Unlocks the Inferno Difficult.

Inferno Difficult:
*4th Button*
You can set your Inferno Level in the Hunting Screen.
Each Inferno Level increase the Monster Level by 100.
Each Inferno Level increase the chance to find a Card. (1 + INFERNO LEVEL / 500)
*Good way to share such Stuff to players Smile*

BACK/Close
*5th Button*
Im sure you know what this Guy does... Smile

* i know i dont win a Price for my Drawing, its just to make it more Clear, how it could look like*

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

/Update

Well, need a Break.
Going to play bit Hearthstone Smile

Feel free to Post Your Ideas, or Discuss the allready Posted ones.
(I know my English isnt gr8 so maybe sb can help me out)

*Grammar Nazis, are VERY Welcome!* Wink
My opinions:

Time Extend: I think this is pretty clear, as it... though Lightshard's is more correct. I might even go as far as making it simply 'increases fight time'

HP Reduction: I'm not exactly what this effects. I assume not treasure, since that has a separate skill, but what about boss mobs? If it only applies to 'normal' mobs, that it should say so. If it applies to bosses but not treasures, maybe say 'reduces max health of all non-treasure monsters'
Easy Loot should say the same but without the 'non'

Coin Count: Again, I don't know exactly what this does. It it simply raising the ceiling, or does it increase the odds generally for more coins? I think 'Increases average number of coins dropped' might be the best, assuming that's really what it does.

Huge Loots: Since this seemed to not do anything, I'm not sure what it should say. If the intent is to be like Gold rate for Treasures, it should say 'Increase value of each coin from Treasure Monsters'

While Gold Rate should say 'Increase Value of each coin from non-treasure monsters'

Triple loot: Should say 'Gives chance for 3x the amount of coins for all monsters'.. assuming that's what it does, since most of the others are specific for either treasure creatures or regular monsters.

I agree 100% wording should be more consistent.

Auto vs. idle: I'm ok with auto, actually... Idle often means 'offline' in these games, which is not what is it. I'm OK either way. More important, is 'Click' should be 'Clix'.. again, consistency.

Auto Speed: I'd like to see it actually list the speed here, instead of the % increase... it makes more sense to me. That's more than a language change, though. I doesn't make sense to me to list the Base speed, since nothing else lists a base.
'I think 'increase attack speed' is quite sufficient. The exact same wording should be used for this and the clix one.

Critical Chance/Critical Multiplier: I agree what's there is fine. I'd rather see it called 'Critical Damage' than 'Multiplier', and I'd like to see the 'base' 10% you seem to get be included on the screen.

Base Damage: fine as is

Double Attack: I don't think explaining the thing about getting 3x and whatever is necessary, since there's no way anyone can get there... Lvl 25 is a 22.5% chance.. it starts going up .05 after that. That means it would take another 1550 levels to get to 100% (and that's only if it never drops in rate per level again). So just get rid of it. Also, visually you don't attack twice, you get double damage. As it functions now, it should say 'Increase chance to hit for double damage (stacks with Critical hits'. If you want it to actually be a double attack, 1) it should hit twice, not show 'x2' when you hit once, and 2) there should be 2 separate chances for a crit and anything else that can happen.

---

Clix Speed: Instead of showing -53 seconds, it should say 'reduce time to -x seconds. The 'current' listing should not have a - sign. Same goes for anything of the other timer upgrades.

Max Clix: The 500 base should be added in. So instead of saying +x to max clix. I'd rather see it say 'increase max clix to x'. You shouldn't have to remember everytime what you started with.
(06-15-2015, 01:33 PM)Wildfire2099 Wrote: My opinions:

Time Extend: I think this is pretty clear, as it... though Lightshard's is more correct.  I might even go as far as making it simply 'increases fight time'
*Sure simpler is better, good catch!*

HP Reduction:  I'm not exactly what this effects.  I assume not treasure, since that has a separate skill, but what about boss mobs?  If it only applies to 'normal' mobs, that it should say so.  If it applies to bosses but not treasures,  maybe say 'reduces max health of all non-treasure monsters'
*Yes it only affects non treasures, will take your Version, the "non-treasure and treasure" Version is nice Catch for proper Wording*

Easy Loot should say the same but without the 'non'
*yep!*

Coin Count:  Again, I don't know exactly what this does.  It it simply raising the ceiling, or does it increase the odds generally for more coins?  I think 'Increases average number of coins dropped' might be the best, assuming that's really what it does.
*I explain it, i hope you can help me then with rewording. Normaly a monster drop 1 Coin. (how much value in Gold the coin have, dont matter) if you skill it 1 Time, then a Monster have a CHANCE to drop 1 or 2. If maxed, a Monster can drop 1-6 Coins. That include Treasure too, as far as i know.*

Huge Loots: Since this seemed to not do anything, I'm not sure what it should say.   If the intent is to be like Gold rate for Treasures, it should say 'Increase value of each coin from Treasure Monsters'
*Taking your Version, better Wording then mine*

While Gold Rate should say 'Increase Value of each coin from non-treasure monsters'
*Thanks, missed that Smile *  

Triple loot:  Should say 'Gives chance for 3x the amount of coins for all monsters'.. assuming that's what it does, since most of the others are specific for either treasure creatures or regular monsters.
*as far as i know, it count for Both, taking your version*

I agree 100% wording should be more consistent.  

Auto vs. idle:  I'm ok with auto, actually... Idle often means 'offline' in these games, which is not what is it.   I'm OK either way.  More important, is 'Click' should be 'Clix'.. again, consistency.
*Idle isnt offline only, its a term, for not doing anything, like automatic. I think when we use the Term Idle, its ok and better as Auto*

Auto Speed: I'd like to see it actually list the speed here, instead of the % increase... it makes more sense to me.  That's more than a language change, though.  I doesn't make sense to me to list the Base speed, since nothing else lists a base.
'I think 'increase attack speed' is quite sufficient.  The exact same wording should be used for this and the clix one.
*I think you are right, it should list the Actual Attack Speed, instead you need to Calculate yourself Smile*

Critical Chance/Critical Multiplier:   I agree what's there is fine.  I'd rather see it called 'Critical Damage' than 'Multiplier', and I'd like to see the 'base' 10% you seem to get be included on the screen.
*yeah i thought the same, i like Crit Damage more too...*

Base Damage: fine as is

Double Attack:  I don't think explaining the thing about getting 3x and whatever is necessary, since there's no way anyone can get there... Lvl 25 is a 22.5% chance.. it starts going up .05 after that.   That means it would take another 1550 levels to get to 100% (and that's only if it never drops in rate per level again).  So just get rid of it.  Also, visually you don't attack twice, you get double damage.  As it functions now, it should say 'Increase chance to hit for double damage (stacks with Critical hits'.   If you want it to actually be a double attack, 1) it should hit twice, not show 'x2' when you hit once, and 2) there should be 2 separate chances for a crit and anything else that can happen.  
*Thats a Change in Game Mechanic you Suggest, thats a different Topic, we should here only Discuss the Rewording of Stuff, even when i like your Idea*

---

Clix Speed:  Instead of showing -53 seconds, it should say 'reduce time to -x seconds.  The 'current' listing should not have a - sign.  Same goes for anything of the other timer upgrades.
*i take it*

Max Clix:  The 500 base should be added in.  So instead of saying +x to max clix. I'd rather see it say 'increase max clix to x'.  You shouldn't have to remember everytime what you started with.
*and this too*

Thanks for this Great Post, i will write in your Quote with my answers, so i dont need to split it in several Quotes. (and tbh, dunno how i format this in forums Smile )
That worked fine Smile

For Coin count, maybe 'Increase max number of coins dropped'

Current Max: 1 coin
Upgrade: 2 coins

I'm fine with using idle, if you guys think that's best. It may just be me that sorta equates idle to offline for these sort of games. Smile

For the Double Coin thing, I was more saying it's extremely unlikely that anyone is going to get to 3x, so there's not really a need to worry about it. I guess another question is can 2x get to 100%? Or is there a max of some sort, then is starts offering 3x?
I'm really loving and appreciate this guys. I'm obviously insanely busy with everything right now but i'm definitely going to be using this stuff for a cleanup patch soon. Cheers!
Wow, this thread really blossomed overnight.

I'll have a look later tonight to help clean up and consolidate all the hard work.

Rock on.
(06-16-2015, 08:26 AM)Analog Wrote: Wow, this thread really blossomed overnight.

I'll have a look later tonight to help clean up and consolidate all the hard work.

Rock on.

I dont know if there is a Line/Letter Maximum for a Post, if there is one, it will be nice when u can delete/move ur Second Post 1 Below mine 2nd. So i can Continue the "Topic" w/o ur Post interrupting it Smile

And yes, i said allready, i like to see a Grammar Nazi hopping in and Clean the Stuff up, because i tryhard with my poor English...