Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Short Story Community Competition!
IGN: LENESIS
Genre: Comical
Word Count: 553

Short story of an intergalactic beast trainer.

It all started when I was a child, I was given my first snake, and as any child would do I was holding him by a neck and shaking as a toy. I was given another one shortly after, to be able to train left hand as well, or at least I was said that years after. It did not last long though, intergalactic police took my parents away because of galactic animal cruelty, I haven't seen them since, nor I had seen my home, I was taken away and given to famous pet trainer where I could be fixed.

Coach decided it would be cruel to give me a snake again, not to me of course, but to his beloved reptile friends, instead he locked me in the bat cave, what place he thought was the best type of purgatory to pay for sins I had committed with snakes. I was sleepeing on the floor, bats were sleeping, as bats do, over me, upside down. After few days I could see the difference of sleeping in the corner, I was little cleaner, yet still covered in the sticky and smelly liquid.

After few months of the purgatory I was released, shackles were untied and he said, "now I hope you will learn how to treat pets, they need respect." I started by training bad wabbits, but they were too difficult to train, they were skipping away faster than anything I ever seen. Coach said, "take a rhino, he will not run, or if he does, you will be able to find him easily", but he seen it was a bad decision after he saw a hole in my leg three days after. "than maybe robobees?" he had asked giving me a protective suit. Unfortunately, this did not last long either, I had allergy for these little bugs, and no suit could be fully proof against their stings.

He tried to give me a brainfester, but unfortunately I introduced it to a rare virus and he turned into stone little faster than I could count to 10, and since I was four myself, it took some time, poor fester, he was dying in pain for so long. "Eureka, Clockwork, it will be perfect for you, it is mechanical, perfect fit for you" said the coach and reprogrammed his Clockwork for me, now only I could give him orders. Yet again, I was using him to raid poor travelers on the roads until I was discovered.

- Is that all what you have to say? - asked the old man with the wig on his head and a wooden hammer in his right hand.
- Please don't take me away I am only 7 - I started to cry
- I want to train rexes, I could be the master in rex double chariots in next Intergalactic Games - I answered.
- No chance, 10 years in mines, but I will reconsider in 3 because of your age, behave and maybe your sports career isn't over yet.

But well, I never made it to the games, I became an intergalactic thug who smuggle pets between planets, I had to learn my ways around them, no more holes, allergies, just a renegade life with a lot of money and few intergalactic cops on my consciousness.

Messages In This Thread
Short Story Community Competition! - Level - 02-02-2018, 03:54 PM
IGN: vexatyk - vexatyk - 02-06-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Short Story Community Competition! - VERSONIX - 02-24-2018, 01:57 PM