Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Short Story Community Competition!
IGN: Latency

There are many stories to be told, not just one for everyone who lives to tell their own, but one for every paths crossing.  most such tales that we remember are about heroes rising, to face villains who already inhabit a world before them.  My story would be that of a pirate admiral,  call me hero or villain the truth is that I live, and I do that well.  I command such ships as [i]The Sinking Raft, The Drifting Wreck, The Floating Jetsam, [/i]and [i]The Scuttled Lifeboat.  [/i]But this is not my tale, and I am not here to defend my piracy,  I am here to confess,  for I am responsible for unleashing another monster upon this accursed universe.  I claim the world of Delta for my own,  I sit atop node 20,  but it may as well be Kappa 50 for all it helps you.  The monster I am responsible for is on Epsilon, for it was there that I took my vacation.  I'm on my ninth fishing pole,  I've tried most every bait and line, and near every lure to be found in our universe.  I sought fame,  and infamy!  a place on the first page of every fishing competition.  Also a way to launder my plundered gains.  but alas, as I upgraded my pole, others upgraded faster.  I reached page 4, only to fall back to page 14.  I meant no treachery when I sought her out,  the witch of node 7.  I sought only a potion to lure a bigger fish,  akin to the bosun whistle we all know and love.  She was certain she'd sell me some potion #9, after seeing the names of my fishing tackle,  but in the end, she unloaded that to someone else.  I used a blue lagoon spray she traded for my favorite compass.  Generously spritzing the lure whilst my helicopter hovered on autopilot, I began to fish.  I knew the spot must be good, because three other helicopters hovered nearby.  I saw what they caught and chuckled the way old RedBeards had done when he tamed that "attack treasure chest"  I believed in this sea spray from the witch.  And that's when I hooked it, though i'll never get credit.  The fish value was over 1M, and with multicatch I had snared a beast that would repeat forever.  It was a Lagoonsman,  and I dropped him on node 9!  He sits there furious to this day, never a villain would he be, save for the fact I hooked him.  And this me heartys, be my greatest crime.  Say what ye will of my world Delta, or my piratin ways,  Thus ends me tale,  for me glass is empty and I needs more rum.

lore for category (did I need to express which category or are they thus assigned?)

Messages In This Thread
Short Story Community Competition! - Level - 02-02-2018, 03:54 PM
IGN: vexatyk - vexatyk - 02-06-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Short Story Community Competition! - latency - 02-14-2018, 05:13 AM