Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Short Story Community Competition!
IGN: Ultraschall
Genre: Comical

What an iou pets Life actually looks like

My sister the mammoth, Dilcus my owner and I, the Ent, looked upon the steel door that was located down the alleyway. Dilcus sorted his cards for the last time and checked if he had all his orbs together.
“It‘s about to start, you must be strong now“, he whispered, grabbed my flowerpot that I was seeded in not long ago and started to move towards the door.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I shouted indignantly. The Mammoth walked alongside us and i noticed that grin she always threw at me every time the owner carried me around... oh, I hate that so much! "SHUT UP!!!!" Dilcus grumbled angrily.
He carefully opened the large steel door to the Galactic Snackbar. Big clouds of dust came towards him and - as always - he covered his face with my flowerpot as protection.
With a dull bang the door closed behind us and immediately a decent portion of ice cream dripped from the ceiling on his head. "Shit, how am i supposed to get this clean now", he ranted. Well... as long as it doesn't concern me, everything is fine. Controlled by his anger he stomped around, still holding me until he slipped on a glibbery piece of pizza and let me fall into a huge pile of half-eaten up burgers. The Mammoth frightenedly followed the scenario.

"Time to strike back!" I said to the two of them. Disgusted by that scene Dilcus straightened up himself and rose to speak:"We should split up, we‘ll be much better. You, Ent, clear the path for me, I'll wipe each side, left and right. Mammoth, dry up the path behind me, go on! we shouldn‘t loose any time"
He unpacked his cleaning equipment and I began to drag my leaves across the floor in the hope of creating a central passage. These French Fries there were clearly expired....
Dilcus opened his cardpacks and started wrapping the cards around the coarse leftovers of food to finally stow them in a sack. He moaned,"I would really like to have some extra cards this week."
I used all my abilites and now I managed to penetrate into the jungle of food. The smell, I‘ll never forget it.
I looked up and saw Mammoth lively rolling over the floor. That was all we needed....
After a while Dilcus took a look around and said,"That was exhausting, but I'd say we‘re done," He took the leftover food sacks "Here Mammoth, take these out to the Wishing Well, I'll take another look at all the corners in here to go sure“.
I only hoped that soon there would be an opportunity to clean myself
"There's only the garden of vermin left now," I sighed. Dilcus lifted me up and we all headed towards the backyard. He noticed the sign with the 'Infested' inscription. "Here we are on the right place, come on, it's the last one, then we've done all the work."
Afterwards we proudly looked at our now complete collection of medals and followed the signposts up the staircase to the upper floor.
We entered the room where Ray sat on a throne in a black cloak and looked at us. "You have to clean your pets including yourself, Dilcus," he pointed at me,"Is that ketchup on the little tree there?"I shook myself powerfully. Ray's royal room was no longer as white as before. Dilcus opened his mouth "Sir, we mastered all challenges. We need new work."
He replied:"That isn‘t on top of my priority list".
So I asked:"When will there come new ones?"
He rose up, came closer, and leaned slightly towards me:
“Soon“

Wish you all the best!
Cheers, Ultra :)

Messages In This Thread
Short Story Community Competition! - Level - 02-02-2018, 03:54 PM
RE: Short Story Community Competition! - Ultraschall - 02-03-2018, 07:58 AM
IGN: vexatyk - vexatyk - 02-06-2018, 04:16 PM