Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Loyalty Points in place of Diamond wishing well
Instead of WW diamond branch, change it to loyalty points.

Support Level + Lineage Level = Daily Loyalty points gained for guild at server reset time.

Newer players will have a total under 10, middle-ing players between 10 and 20, etc etc.  So, to balance the WW you have the scaling gradually increase in the early levels.  Using previous numbers for example, let's say an average newer guild gets about 300 daily points.  Meanwhile a much older guild might get about 1000 daily points.

After 100 days, if we ignore that lower players will actually start to get more daily points much more quickly than older players, that means the lower guild will have 30000 points and the higher guild will have 100000 points.  So, to scale this, you have the first 10 ww levels cost a total of 5000 points, the next 10 would cost a total of 15000 points, and to get to 30 you need a total of 40000 points, and so on.  (NUMBERS FOR EXAMPLE DANGIT) As an additional 'gap prevention' feature, the loyalty points ww can only level up once a week, at the same time when the weekly pack resets.  

So using the previous example, even though the lower guild would not yet be able to afford the level 30 ww, it wouldn't be an issue because the amount of time that has passed since they started leveling it up would only have been 14-ish weeks.  

So in other words, even though the higher guild has way more points, it will not actually be gaining ww any faster for a long-long time and even when they DO eventually get the opportunity to level up their ww while the lower guild can no longer keep pace with the cost scaling, this will quickly become soft-capped by the scaling itself!  Without inventing the entire balance myself, let's say the upper guild reaches about level 50 of the ww and suddenly they, too, can no longer increase the ww every single week.  Instead, the lower guild begins to 'catch up' as their scaling is still much weaker compared to the higher guild.  The ideal level difference should be between 5 and 20 total ww levels which, again, won't even be noticed for many months as the ability to level up will only be available once per week at most.

Unlike diamonds, support and lineage levels themselves are not that difficult to predict as far as average guild totals -- this means the testing period and discussion should be relatively simple for finding the ideal balance to minimize 'gap widening'.  Also keep in mind that in the grand scheme of things, a 20 ww level difference is incredibly minor in the overall effectiveness of a player's individual growth, but I do understand the majority of players don't like it when they feel completely outpaced by those players that are willing to spend more.  I think this is a fair compromise, since lineage will play a large role and is completely 'free' in a sense, so even players that are f2p will have high lineage and even a few support levels just from events/challenge rewards.  Oh, speaking of challenges, can you add more please?  I have to ask every time I post here because I love them very much, thank you.
Soo much to read :O
Sometimes I wish this would be a German Community^^.