Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2017 - JANUARY - New Years Dev Blog
Sunday's are flying by nowadays.

New Years Event
This will be brought down with the upcoming patch. 

Global Warming Event
We should have the global warming event out by next week this time.

Next Patch
I'm expecting the next patch to be released in the next couple days. I'll release an official announcement the night before.

Expedition System
Ship arena will be released with the upcoming patch. PvP will not be included, and therefore this system's growth progression speed will be a fair bit slower. This will change on the PvP release.

With the release of this system you can expect a new Space Upgrade Lab as well.

There is also room left, even after the PvP system for a 2nd set of AI Challenge series for the ship arena, but that may be a few months down the road when this system is more established.

Several other changes/additions will accompany this patch.

Something's Fishy
Some fishing balance changes are up ahead. There was a significant issue with the way tackle worked, where it leaned too much on rod upgrades. We had to fix this, which would generally reduce the average fish value per day, so we're making other balance changes:

line 10% to 15% per level
bait 3% to 4% per level
FV% reward +10%
adding new space-lab upgrade for increasing daily fish value
an attack helicopter (just figured I would throw that in here)
a one-time reset on fishing upgrades due to balance changes

Also, in the list is an extension to fishing with 5 additional fishing equipment pieces,  25 new fish, and more to be able to expand with fishing ahead. We may be looking at a reduction in fish achievements (for easier 'clam' rewards) as well.

Upgrade & Ability Icons
Phew these ugly old icons....they're finally getting a rehaul. You'll see these changes in the upcoming patch. 

New Level Requirement System
We've added several new level requirements to access systems, intended to bring the process of introduction to the game at a less 'in your face' pace. The following levels are the current requirements:

-BALANCE: Woodcutting now requires player level 5
-BALANCE: Mining now requires player level 10
-BALANCE: Challenges now require player level 15
-BALANCE: Expeditions now require player level 20
-BALANCE: Fishing/Orb now require player level 30
-BALANCE: Pet Arena & Map now require player level 50
-BALANCE: Ship Arena now requires player level 100

Legendary will require 1000, and the new challenge difficulties (next month at this rate) will likely be 250, and 500.

Pet Upgrade Map
Until we can setup the two different distributions for upgrade map upgrades, resets will be FREE

Legendary System, Inf 2000+, etc
I was going to work on a few other things with this patch but this patch is already so big, that we're going to hold off with smaller patches until after the ArmorGames release coming up real quick here.

The Next Survey
The arena PvP has a good amount of backend work behind it, and players won't realize it but they'll be populating positions and scores for the intended system ahead of time. Immediately after PvP is ready for testing, I'll release the next survey for community voting.

That's it for now.

Ray

Messages In This Thread
2017 - JANUARY - New Years Dev Blog - Ray - 01-01-2017, 06:50 AM
RE: 2017 - JANUARY - New Years Dev Blog - Ray - 01-16-2017, 09:37 AM