Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crystal offerings
Before fishing, we could get 1 or 2 sacrifices a day from crystals and up to 8 from gold. (representing 10-20% of total sacrifices)

After fishing was introduced, gold sacrifices were still less than 10 a day and fish started above 10, and rapidly increasing to 20-30/day (for 50 nets/day players).

Then there was a balance to make gold sacrifices good again, nerfing fishes a bit. But crystals stayed the same, and are near worthless now that a lot of players get 50+ sacrifices from gold+fish (which makes crystals' sacrifices less than 5% of daily sacrifices).

How about changing crystals sacrifices to make them slightly better for who has all orbs unlocked already? With players reaching tier 4 on most orbs and starting the tier 5 grind, maybe it's time to increase daily sacrifices a bit more.
(I know that was supposed to be from fishes, but the exponential upgrades cost does not keep up with orbs)
The game has several thousand concurrent players. A majority of which don't have 4* orbs. It'd be changing it to benefit a small minority of players. Fishing costs are just outright disastrous. Nothing will make those better except for a complete price change, which unfortunately won't happen. If they gave, say 5 sacs per 10 crystals, then some would blow dynamite like crazy and rake in thousands of sacrifices, further complicating things. I'd be alright with giving them 2 or 3 sacs per 10 crystals though.
The main purpose of crystals is to unlock orbs (and that takes quite a long time actually), not to spend them on sacrifices. The latter is just an option when spare crystals are available.

It is false that there are plently people on their way towards 5* orbs. People playing for 12+ months may not have all important orbs 4* yet, let alone they'd think aobut 5*.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
(09-20-2016, 04:16 PM)Srw Wrote: If they gave, say 5 sacs per 10 crystals, then some would blow dynamite like crazy and rake in thousands of sacrifices, further complicating things. I'd be alright with giving them 2 or 3 sacs per 10 crystals though.

If costs increased, like in gold and fish sacrifices, it wouldn't be as exploitable (something like 3, 4, 5, 6, ... -> 2 sacrifices for 10 crystals and 4 for 20 per day - plus some leftover crystals)

(09-20-2016, 06:02 PM)Brouwer Wrote: The main purpose of crystals is to unlock orbs (and that takes quite a long time actually), not to spend them on sacrifices. The latter is just an option when spare crystals are available.

Same thing could be said about gold (after fishing was introduced), no? Yet there was a revamp on their prices.

And about 'important orbs', for players that have been playing long enough to have 4* orbs:

auto, crit, exp are the top 3

click, challenge and pet are decent, but probably not good enough to keep them at the same level as the 3 above - the first 2 are mostly for challenges, and the extra 3% or 1%/5% damage you'd get from milestones is added on top of a modifier higher than 200% already (I can see pet orb being at the top for players with strong pets, with comparedps above 100%)

gold, stone, woodcutting are not great - at least until new guild buildings or the new system Ray wanted to try
How do you know the only use of crystals would forever be orbs? For months crystals were gathered with no real purpose, because there was nothing to use them on. Now, all the people with all orbs unlocked, may start gathering them again.

If you don't like crystals to SOs exchange rate, just ignore them.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
(08-30-2016, 02:07 PM)Brouwer Wrote: While I do like some aspects of the game, there isn't much fun waiting months for something good. Since I started playing I can remember just a few major things (not in chronologial order):
1. Inferno mode introduction (pre kong).
2. Orbs.
3. Cards system.
4. Pet expansion and pet map.
5. Fishing.
6. Monhtly events.

The rest was more like balance changes rather than actual content update. That gives like 1 major stuff / 3 months. 

Right, let's just keep the game stale for another 3 months until the next 'major stuff'.
There will probably be other uses for crystals later, making it so we get a few more SOs with crystal sacrifices will not change the game in any way nor do I believe we really need yet another currency to be a major way to get SOs. Also I not sure how it would help not make it stale, as all you gonna do is get your extra every now and then which would take just a few seconds.
I dont understand while people use "There will be SOMETHING coming later...." as a reason against something. If that was used we wouldnt have most of the game.
I don't understand the not make the game stale thing. How would making crystals give more SO make the game less stale? You would be reducing what 3 months of work for another * to 2 months? I don't think that makes it less stale.

Also I highly doubt Ray has anything planned for crystals outside of beast orb. Which will probably cost 1000 crystals, and will probably have some sort of free crystals to it as well when released. So it's not a bad idea to make crystals worth more or do more, but just don't see a reason for this change.
(09-22-2016, 03:37 PM)ExWhiteWolf Wrote: I don't understand the not make the game stale thing. How would making crystals give more SO make the game less stale? You would be reducing what 3 months of work for another * to 2 months? I don't think that makes it less stale.

It wouldn't, it's not a new content but that's not the point. Just a balance to make crystals not useless for old players with all orbs unlocked. And it's not that big of a deal, it will just save a few days.

"Then why bother with this suggestion if the effect is so low?" - Because it looks like something that could be changed in less than 5 minutes.

Quote:So it's not a bad idea to make crystals worth more or do more, but just don't see a reason for this change.

So you agree a buff wouldn't hurt. But if not increasing their sacrifice value, how?