Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Inferno!?!?
Big Grin 
Hey guys, as development and future plans are coming to fruition, we wanted to get your input on the future future of the game's future. We would love your ideas on what you'd like to see for post-inferno content, that is to say, things you'd like to happen or see after 200, or 300, or 400, etc. Something like a new thing to do after the latest ascension tier has been passed.

Let's hear your ideas! Let's hear your concerns! Maybe I'll throw in a treat for the best ideas!

Keep it civil~
Discord - ☠Listat☠   iourpg forums - Listat   Kongregate - xxlistatxx
Dungeon system similar to other up and coming popular games. After a certain level, you get access to a dungeon that requires you to kill monsters. This would also incorporate the long awaited crafting system. In the dungeon, you collect materials to craft and enhance equipment which lets you deal more damage in the dungeon. The equipment would also affect your normal hunting damage for increased dps. Similar to challenges, completing things in the dungeon would give currency rewards. Maybe have bosses every so often. Perhaps even a solo/duo/group setup like challenges, except the group setup wouldn't be exactly 6. Maybe 4 instead. Can have a random matchmaking system to avoid long wait times on finding groups along with having a private system for specific people you want to go with, like friends. Gear would have a stereotypical rating system; color coordinated from white(common) to orange(legendary). I don't have any thoughts for the paid side of it. For it to be the full fledged progression system after inferno, it would have to be a fully operational and balanced system that does not at all require any payments to continue. Much like support level provides a substantial but not required progression boost. An energy system would piss most everyone off so I'd like to see an unlimited access system. How far you get isn't based on money spent or spending x energy per day, it's based on a base progression/gear acquirement per day along with additional progression based on how much time you are willing to spend grinding for material. Anyone can get on and do the base stuff per day, and people with free time can spend a few hours grinding for more material and gear. Think of it like the original run of the invasion event. After you 50 valor per day, you could still keep grinding for reduced rewards. I think this should be accessed starting at level 500.
Big Grin Nice!
Discord - ☠Listat☠   iourpg forums - Listat   Kongregate - xxlistatxx
I think that dungeon idea is quite nice, it require a lot of work but profit would be also big. You have my axe Smile

Recently i wrote about some ideas, new content that could also be added at some point in game (after reaching certain level or iou score - it was here https://iourpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2291), today my 5 cents is how about adding to game personal building/castle/HQ? My suggestion is giving player house/base that he would upgrade (after a couple of levels that building would change a bit look for more majestic/badass) and it would give player some small passive bonuses. Upgrading would require a mix of current resources or a new one. 
Second idea connected with previous one is to give player a couple of buildings, each one specialized in different bonus and player would decide what building (and bonus that building provide) to "activate" on fiting for him time. 
(example) Barracks/Training Hall would give damage, spending 40T gold (or some new currency added to game) would activate +20% auto dmg for next 2h
Mode unlockable at 400 or 500lvl (but i think the earlier is better).
I want to say that we should get a small thing for reaching lv200 you get a point, then maybe every 50 another point from there that used to modify our abilities. Cause once you reach a certain point, abilities are just there less you are respec-ing for a 3 skill use per challenge mob.

Freeze Time for example there could be several modifiers that say "10% more damage for the duration of your freeze time" or "Pets have a 50% speed increase of during your freeze time"

I would leave it up to you guys though if should be allowed to gain multiple modifiers on one ability or only allow one per ability. These be respec-able and can adjust how the player likes. Wouldn't be much but would make it so there is ways to improve your ability even post inferno.
I don't even understand what you guys mean by "post inferno"
Do you mean Inferno tier (mob level?)? Do you mean inferno as in character level after 200?

We are already grinding inferno tier 999; some 1000+... so post what exactly? o.0
---Retired---
after lvl 200/300/400 like new ascension tier
(09-26-2016, 05:06 PM)Ragekai Wrote: I don't even understand what you guys mean by "post inferno"
Do you mean Inferno tier (mob level?)? Do you mean inferno as in character level after 200?

We are already grinding inferno tier 999; some 1000+... so post what exactly? o.0

Inferno is a mode where YOU set the difficulty. Post-inferno would basically be the 'next' part of the primary game-play in IOU.
(09-27-2016, 10:05 AM)Ray Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 05:06 PM)Ragekai Wrote: I don't even understand what you guys mean by "post inferno"
Do you mean Inferno tier (mob level?)?    Do you mean inferno as in character level after 200?

We are already grinding inferno tier 999; some 1000+... so     post what exactly? o.0

Inferno is a mode where YOU set the difficulty. Post-inferno would basically be the 'next' part of the primary game-play in IOU.

Huh
I don't get it.
I read the "road map"
Sounds like you may as well make an entirely new game to me =\
---Retired---
People wouldn't be satisfied if levels went infinitely. No one wants to grind hunting mobs for 2000 levels. Post inferno is essentially a new feature that unlocks at a certain level. This feature is what you go in to, to level up past level x