Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of suggestions and ideas.
(09-15-2016, 07:26 PM)Brouwer Wrote: 1) Sounds op.

2) I believe farming was one of Ray's ideas. I don't think timed bonuses are a good idea here.

3) Friend list ok, sending stuff not.

The cake is not a lie.

4) I dislike requirements. I mean, I seriously dislike them. They're stupid. Very stupid.

5) More unnecessary windows/pop-up? No. What we need is to get rid of pointless windows, like those announcing failed expeditions.

Random "funny" comments are actually nice.

6) Iirc Ray has plans on changing trophies. But nevertheless, I dislike clicking achievements (brainless auto clicker spam) and RNG ones with orb exp (3x 500 in a row is 1:1000 and 2x 1000 in a row is 1:1,000,000).

As i said those are just ideas, not anything that is ready to be put in game, requirements for unlocking new content can be changed/get balanced (same story with achievements) but overall I think that they need to be implemented for ppl to want to get there, reach that milestone and get new stuff (and new players dont need to have already unlocked all stuff, idle games are about reaching some points where you get something more, acquire some boost and farm more). Also some sort of end game content (higher level content to be exact) could be really appreciated, not just that boring challenges all the way

Achievements were examples of how i would like to see them, if you dont want any related with clicking (in idle game, lol), Ray might not add it - there could be a lot of stuff related with clearing challenges, reaching some mining level, geting new pet etc tons of stuff (also some weird ones like that secret Smile, its up to you, but also community could work on it, creating some crazy ones.

Depth aka more pop up windows that would give some backstory on why your expedition failed, what your friend sent you instead of cake etc but that would work mostly on content with RNG that is not much in IOU atm. I know that reading is starting to be more tough skill among young ones but maybe it wouldn't be bad if game have a bit more of it. There is a lot of idle games that are just a bunch of miningless icons to click on and you forget about them 5 min after you finish - we dont want the same to happen with iou, we want the best for the game that we love (any1 played Candy Box? just text, no graphics and still fun, legendary game), ppl need to start wanting discover game, have fun with random stuff (even fails) and come back everyday for more.

Friend List is an option to have some more relations between players as iou want to be online game and not just idle. Guilds and challenges arent enough.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A couple of suggestions and ideas. - kilopyruf - 09-15-2016, 11:25 PM