Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dev Diary 22 :: 2016 :: August
Hey guys,

Sorry it's so late tonight for the blog.

We have a pretty hefty patch coming up with a lot of changes, additions, fixes, etc.

Something to spend gold one
Unfortunately we don't have anything major yet for this, however it will more than likely tie into the upcoming expedition system.

In the meantime we are revamping Gold Sacrifices...where you should get almost 3x as many for the same investment.
However, because of this change (and the upcoming reduction on fishing upgrades), fish sacrifice costs will be increased by ~ 50%.

Visual Changes
Many windows have been rehauled with the new UI in mind. There's still several major windows that require a rehaul, but you can expect to notice many windows that have been improved.

We will be looking at rehauling the chat system and the main user interface on the primary battle screen after this next patch...which i'm very looking forward to!

Stability/Server Efficiency
We unexpectedly got very side tracked on a couple focused development days on the way certain data was obtained, sent, etc...but in the long-run I feel that this should improve the load on servers, and in the end improve the game's performance.

Guilds
I've been looking at guild buildings lately because there's some similarities to the plans for expeditions, however further development and discussion on these changes are not expected until after I return mid September....note however that we do have some pretty hefty plans coming up.

Bingo
Man! This system has grown very complex but is really coming along. We have avoided having to manually run these and have coded it for procedural generated processing on a global scale so everyone is technically playing the very same bingo with their own unique cards. We are also looking at adding an event-based chat just to make it a potentially more fun social experience.

It's bingo after all, but I think people will enjoy it a little more considering we're going to add some progression to it Smile

Event
I'm not sure why I do this to myself and the team, but we are going to try to significantly one-up the invasion event with this one. I should have a lot more details, and even screenshots for next Sunday's blog.

I've been looking at the obvious fact that the game requires something more enticing gameplay-wise outside of Inferno...and there are plans on that as well, however this event should be able to tie people over in the meantime.

Final Notes
I feel like development has been increasingly become more prominent and new systems are being added at a fair pace considering the amount of work we have been taking on.

I understand there's an underwhelming feeling for some players who have been around over a year now. I can only promise right now that we have a TON of improvements planned ahead to bring back the more exciting feelings the game may have had for you in its early stages, and I appreciate the patience and support for all this time.

Ray

Messages In This Thread
Dev Diary 22 :: 2016 :: August - Ray - 08-08-2016, 02:35 AM
RE: Dev Diary 22 :: 2016 :: August - Ray - 08-15-2016, 01:56 PM
RE: Dev Diary 22 :: 2016 :: August - Ray - 08-22-2016, 11:53 AM