Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should blackhole event be brought back yearly
Most people saw the BH event as a game balance breaking, obnoxious event. Ray said he would never bring it back but I saw something in discord that made me think it might be almost a necessity to bring it back. A guy was talking about spending on the game and he said something along the lines of "I could spend 20k on this game but their is no point. I wasn't around for BH so it's pointless to spend 20k and get 20k worth of benefits while someone during BH could spend only a few thousand and come out with even more than 20k in benefits."

The point being that the people that spent big on BH have a permanent advantage that will never be available for any future players to take advantage of. If it were brought back, it wouldn't matter much for the people who went big on the first time around because they would have to spend even more than they did originally to go up in support levels for only a minimal increase since they all have the essential dps boosters capped at this point. I feel the same way as the guy in chat; I don't mind buying event packs here and there but I will never sink a big amount of cash in because of how grossly unbalanced the progression is in the game when it comes to the paid aspects. Why should I be punished as a new player who is potentially willing to spend 1k, when the players around for BH could spend 1k and get 5k+ worth of benefits? Was it a joke of an event? Absolutely, but the gap it caused is irreversible. Anyone who started playing after BH will never catch up to the highest ranks because it's just not possible without another BH event unless someone is willing to drop 30-50k, just to come out below the top few who were around during BH.

The only way to lower the gap is to give all the new players a chance at those ridiculous rewards that were given out during BH. It's only a once a year thing. So it gives everyone an equal chance to put some money back for when it comes around again. Recall that no details about BH were given before it was launched for an extremely short period, causing a lot of potential paying players to miss out because the event came at a point in the week where it started and ended before some people got their paychecks. Sure it would need to be revised a little bit, rearrange the rewards a bit to adhere to the current state of the game and definitely put a cap on it. Perhaps add some type of passive currency that you can collect throughout the year, to then cash in during each BH event to get up a few reward levels to give everyone currency, even the non spending players. Either way, I think bringing BH back in some form is needed.

I take it this thread will be received with mostly hatred and negativity, but you can't refute the points I made. It's not just about screaming "no it was p2w it should never be brought back it's not fair". It's not just about the event, it's about what it did to the game as a whole. The progression it instilled those who participated versus those who did not.
no (neeeded to add few more words because no was too short to post)
no

(05-09-2016, 06:02 PM)erebs Wrote: no (neeeded to add few more words because no was too short to post)
I expected short, unintelligent responses. Especially from the European players. Oh well, I knew well developed responses was too much to ask for from a community like this.
See if BH had a cap, in that eventually if every year it was released you could only purchase up to a certain level in total. Then I think more players would be open to bringing it back, as it would allow for a slightly more even purchasing field. So cap at level 20, first year purchase level 5, the next year, you'd already be at level 5 with the cap being 20. But with no cap, big spenders will always spend big.

New players or players who did not choose to spend during the last BH event, should IMO be given a chance to do so. If not with a cap, then as a 1 time chance as older players got too. Earlier buyers still have the advantage of making the purchase a year ago...so I think it's more than fair but others may not agree.

Some players may argue that, at the time they didn't know that such an event was forthcoming and would have saved up for it. So it may not appear fair to them that another BH event is planned. In that case, maybe only allow up to the average amount of what was purchased per buyer to be purchased if another one is held. In that way, people who purchase from the event, will only get roughly the same advantage ( minus it being a year later..lol) than those in the past.

In all fairness I'd like a cap but it's doubtful that BH will ever return. Goodluck.
pointless to discuss ray got his lesson with it and it wont happen again he has trauma because of it and doesnt even want to add more packs to events because he is scared someone would call it money grabbing
Ray himself said there will never be another "Blackhole-like" event.

The guy with the 20k sounds whiny and HIGHLY exaggerate.
He'd be much higher support if he dropped half that.

Speaking insane amounts like 50k is just laughable.

You sound stuck on it. It's far from so ultimatum..

It was a big leap forward for a handful of rich super-cash cows. But, it was far from game breaking.

It's people's whining that is breaking the game.

EDIT: Maybe after he puts offline gains in for a year; he should go the following year without the offline gains? You know-- that'd be fair to all the older players who had to play a year without them, right? lol.
---Retired---
(05-09-2016, 08:57 PM)Blackhole Wrote: I expected short, unintelligent responses. Especially from the European players. Oh well, I knew well developed responses was too much to ask for from a community like this.

And I expect people with low self esteem that can't buy their way into first to continue crying about it. So there were no surprises to be had today.
I spent on BH event. And no it wasn't as huge a deal as a lot of people make it out to be. Roughly it doubled the diamonds you got from spending, that's it.

Personally I'm probably in the minority, I think it should be brought back. But with a few restrictions and a few understandings.

1. It should only happen 1 time a year.
2. People that spent last black hole, or in previous ones, should start at the same point they were. Basically this would mean you would have to spend more to advance further. Although the rewards were roughly the same for each level of it the amount you had to spend between levels increased, and from what I remember didn't the rewards go down slightly compared to what was spent?
3. It should be understood that this game isn't a non-profit charity, it's a business. Money spent on the game supports Ray and the game and allows him to expand the game further. I want to see Ray be successful, he puts a lot into this game and I believe he deserves to get a lot out of it. If all the whiners can't put up with a single less than a week long event once a year in order to expand the game then they should make their own mmo game and let people play it totally for free (which will never happen because it's expensive and a lot of work).
4. It should also be understood that BH event needs to be announced at least a few weeks in advance. And also the main reason to do it once a year, besides to funding the game of course, is so that new players aren't left out.

If that doesn't work I at least hope to see some sort of Black Friday event coming up, even if it ends up being limited to only like $100 or something.

PS the event packs (not the event point packs) suck, they aren't nearly as good as just buying a 2000 kred pack from the game normally. The event point packs are awesome but I wish they were a little bit cheaper, $50 a month is kind of expensive.
by event packs i mean only with event points not bonus packs that give crystals