Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 2 :: 2014 :: Nov 24 - 30
Some great new improvements that are really bringing this game together!

-Sound Effects (UI Clicks, casting, attacks, coin collecting)
-Music (only 1 repeating tune, but it's upbeat and fun)
-Audio system (Sound/music toggling/resuming)
-Skill Shop (Actually, Skill Upgrades, but the name remains). You can now unlock, and upgrade your skills with earned exp!
-Facebook community page prepped for post-release for when I actually integrate the game into Facebook. Will be a while after beta but it's prepared anyhow.
-Code Redeeming. Redeem free codes that i'll be posting on facebook, twitter, and maybe from some hidden easter eggs later on.

With the sound effects, music, and new skill shop, it's really starting to feel like an interactive experience. 

My 10 year old son has been helping me all along in picking out priorities for the games development since i'm chaotic with such details. Among everything else already done, he has also picked:

-Buying upgrades alternatively with AP (Activity Points). Play for 5 minutes every day for two weeks? Well you can afford that crazy upgrade just for being around enough. Some people have busy lives, no need to take away from them.
-Caps / Limits. This has to be done unfortunately. I have a good amount of content, and much more in the works, however I need to set limits for alpha testing and the beta release so I actually have content prepared for future patches, and to give me time to focus on improvements of the existing systems. These caps will start low, but increase with a fairly consistent frequency (Monthly maybe?). I usually prefer to write a game to be virtually limitless, and this game will be as I can manage the progress and see where people are at as it grows.
-Hot Keys. Well, it's nice to be able to hit ENTER once you've typed in your username instead of having to click. Also need these for Abilities, and maybe for opening some windows. C for Character, right? or should C close the game on you Big Grin?
-Planet 5. Certainly won't be available on alpha or beta releases, but it will be prepared! Ascend you must.

Messages In This Thread
Dev Diary 2 :: 2014 :: Nov 24 - 30 - Ray - 11-23-2014, 11:51 PM
RE: Dev Diary 2 :: 2014 :: Nov 24 - 30 - Ray - 11-25-2014, 07:31 AM