Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday Event Timing
I was just sitting around thinking about what events are coming up and have a bit of a suggestion. I'm assuming we are going to have a Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas event. If that is the case can we get another double event for Christmas. That would let Ray focus on new content and wait until Valentine's day for the next event after Christmas.

Anyway just wanted to see what the rest of the community and maybe what Ray thinks.
Three events back to back to back and the last one. Needs to be a double?? Probably not necessary. Besides as with most games I'm sure Christmas event will be rather giving if its a double or not.
---Retired---
I also wouldn't bank on a Thanksgiving event.. isn't that just a US thing? Ray has said before he tries to stick to more universal things.
(10-14-2015, 04:33 AM)Wildfire2099 Wrote: I also wouldn't bank on a Thanksgiving event.. isn't that just a US thing?  Ray has said before he tries to stick to more universal things.

Well I think Canada has Thanksgiving also, but I think that was yesterday?

And yes, Ray should definitely stick with international holidays.
You can usually find me here!
Thanksgiving idea is ridiculous but I think given the short period between the end of Halloween and beginning of Christmas, there wouldn't be time for another event in between anyway.

Hopefully Christmas will be a double one though
Just theorizing here, but Maybe xmas with calender's new year makes sense for it to be a double event.
~~Proud Leader of Eden Regenesis~~
"Only through power and cooperation can we re-grow the original Eden"
(10-14-2015, 04:33 AM)Wildfire2099 Wrote: I also wouldn't bank on a Thanksgiving event.. isn't that just a US thing?  Ray has said before he tries to stick to more universal things.

There are harvest festivals throughout the world, of which Thanksgiving is only one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_harvest_festivals
I'm room 7's vanderbuzzard on kong if you wish to find me.
True... but a harvest event is different from a Thanksgiving event.
(10-14-2015, 01:15 AM)Ragekai Wrote: Three events back to back to back and the last one. Needs to be a double?? Probably not necessary. Besides as with most games I'm sure Christmas event will be rather giving if its a double or not.

Maybe my assumption is wrong and Ray isn't planning on doing monthly events. I've only been playing the game for two and a half months though and so far we had a normal event right before I started and a double event, so seems pretty much in line with an event every month or a double event every other month. Especially since Halloween event is coming right around 3 months after I started playing.

Anyway I'm totally off topic. Ignoring the whole November event or no November event my suggestion is based on December and January. Instead of the January event, which I can't think of a holiday for, can we have a double length December event.
I don't see Christmas being an event more likely that it would be a Winter Solstice seeing that is a holiday that everyone understands no mater the religion.
The problem with having a religious holiday in a game is that you start to push away people who one don't like that religious holiday or people do not know of it or understand it.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos