Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge mode - currently, worst feature
In current instance, challenge mode lost its value. At this point it is most likely a carry fest and carry spam on all chats.

As my description says, challenge should be challenging. Testing your own power and abilities. Not someone's who is 100x stronger than you and can wipe the challenge in no time.

I believe most of you know that pathetic grouped challenges one can join any time. An example from right now: duo platinum werethings, set by lvl 153. This challenge has almost 120m hp fully reduced and I believe lvl 153 can't do more than 2-3m (guessing now). That does not make any sense.

Among billions of solutions presented everywhere, the simpliest and restoring back challenge value is the following:

1. Require solo to be completed before attempting duo/grouped.

2. (Optional, but I'd recommend it). Restore original solo hp. 

Applying both points will not make duo/grouped immediately killable. Duo will have a bit more than 2x more hp than solo, and grouped will be 8-9x harder than solo (fully reduced hp).

I stated yesterday, that 700 cp means nothing now, it losts its value and became a complete sh*t milestone any noob can beg. I see no point in maintaining current system.

I can only imagine what will happen, if new challenges are introduced. That might be a great failure if no proper restrictions are made.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
this is very true, see i can solo were rage duo right now, and if i had a clone me, could push almost any group through were rage.
modding the challenge levels so the hp is 250% or more to represent the changes in damage, at lest on the ragestone mode. should put the challenge back into challenges.
other modes can be change less
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
+1

something else i have been thinking about is that you are unable to join a challenge you already have completed, that will make it more challenging to find a party.
and remove the level require to unlock challenges, go for only require the solo challenge to do groups.
//RealyFluffy  LVL 291 EdenRegenesis
Before anything, I'll admit - I'm totally biased since I've completed all challenges.

That being said - I like the OP's first suggestion, and what Ray had in place at one point. I like the idea of requiring a solo completion prior to any duo/group completion.
I agree. Too much carrying. Not enough real achieving. Another solution everyone will hate: Once you finish a challenge, you can't join it again.
---Retired---
For sure I agree that the way to unlock groups and duos is to be able to first do the corresponding solo challenge, I also think the old Boss hp is a good idea too.

However to say you can never join a challenge again after you've finished it is in my opinion just spitefulness. I'm happy to run duos with someone who can pull their own weight, but if no one was ever allowed to repeat challenges then there would be plenty of people who can legitimately carry themselves but can't progress because they would need to find 5 other people on at the exact same time who can also carry their weight and need the same thing. What a joke.

Even though now it is easier to get challenges done because of the carries, it is also far harder than it was upon Kong release to find 6 people of equal strength who actually need the challenge.

If you don't want to carry, no one forces you to, and that's fine. But there are plenty of users out there, myself included, who like the pay it forward system. The problem at the moment in my opinion is that challenges are unlocked too early, not that people are helpful.
Yeah, not allowing people to repeat challenges would be an absolutely horrible idea. If the total amount of active accounts who need a particular group done is not evenly divisible by 6, you will have people unable to get a challenged done even though they have enough damage. Would even be possible for someone to have to carry 5 people who can't do enough just because everyone else who could at least do their share had already completed it.
I don't really mind challenges as they are now. I agree it is a bunch of people begging to get carried, but all of those people are new players. I want to help them and challenges is one of the few ways I can, generally I do half a dozen to a dozen random challenges every day.

Every player only needs to be run up to 700 cp once and then they wont keep on bothering people for carries.

I will say however that I think any new challenge levels past 700 should at least for the first month require completing the solo mode first, or a minimum level of over 220.

The biggest issue isn't even really that they haven't completed solo mode, it's that the required level to unlock the duo and groups is too low right now. From what I remember it's only 150 to unlock the rage duo's and groups those should be minimum level 200 or beating solo. The reason it's too low is because the game has added so many additional features that grant additional exp and damage.
Rage is 200, Plat is 150, Gold is 100, Silver 75, Bronze 40. The problem is with not needing to complete solos. For Rats-Tribal, people get access to the groups because they cleared the solo. Rage and ugh groups end up getting unlocked well before you are strong enough to beat the solos. Might as well just leave things as they are for the current challenges though. For whatever is after Werethings, it should require you to clear the solo first.
If you gonna say it needs restrictions, then I will say that Ray should nerf the heck out of milestone achievement then, then won't have to worry about beggars cause there be nothing super awesome to gain lol.

Honestly if milestones weren't so powerful, low level players would beg less for the completion, even I try not to do this but the increase in power is too great to just simply believe you can do without it. While there had to been players back then to reach that point without help before there was such a thing as carrying, I feel like the challenge milestone shouldn't had much impact as it does.

The reason I say this is if you look at the "challenge boosts" which is what you get from each successful completion, you'll find it so low that its nearly un-noticeable. It barely at 300+ vs. 10000 milestone. I think the problem is that its actually horribly unbalanced reward wise, a more steady improvement would have been better, as players wouldn't feel like they have to keep begging till the next milestone, which is the only reason to even do the challenges cause the challenge boost itself by that point is useless.