Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge revamp
Firstly i understand this will take a lot of coding and don't expect it to be an immediate plan, just something to strive for over time because the way i see it challenges are really in need of a revamp.

The first thing that needs to be introduced is player hp, this adds more strategic depth to the game and also allows you to introduce stats such as damage reduction, crit chance reduction. overall this will also add more depth to pvp. In adding hp, there should be things to draw aggro so some players will receive a higher percentage of damage taken compared to others however this should not be a 100% aggro drain. People need to work together in a challenge and i would highly suggest that the death of a single player results in the challenge being ended so people learn to work together, more player interaction with systems like this is most likely going to bring more enjoyment in the game even though i am guilty of getting carried myself, it is because the challenges currently lack much interaction.

The second thing that needs to happen is classes, each class needs several things:
- A stat progression system, this will ensure tanks build hp faster then dps classes and once again add more strategic depth.
- A skill system that doesn't just give the players all the skills. This means a player needs the option for a skill reset once per day and can only use x amount of skills in each battle. This will stop players from just building in a certain way to abuse the system and rather be thinking about what their class needs they most with the rest being addons.
- Whilst changing skills needs to be limited, so does class switching. Players do not deserve to be locked into one role just because that was the role they choose, they need the option to reset it however they will need a cost that is severe enough to make them think carefully about their decision and not just fill roles constantly, maybe include a jack of all trades class if someone is so indecisive about their role ^^.

The third thing that needs to happen is bosses need more depth and this can mean several things.
- personally i would target the last boss treating the earlier bosses as normal mobs which weaken them on the way and require the team to have attrition rather then just completely healing after one fight, this will mean healers have to be proficient in their setups and cant just be lazy early on.
- as for the actual last boss of a raid i think they need a unique mechanic for bronze difficulty and then they need to gain a mechanic for each tier

boss 1 example (numbers are not accurate)
bronze: hits one random target for 20 hp, the chance of hitting a target is based on the aggro they hold
silver: aoe attack, hits all targets for 15hp and has a 10% chance to poison targets (max of 2 targets poisoned with 1 aoe)
gold: boss gains 50% attack and defence upon reaching 40% HP
platinum: any buff or debuff placed on the boss will be placed on the entire team ignoring any percentage of buff or debuff a player currently has
ragestone: boss turns any buffs on it into debuffs with a completely different timing to the skill used in platinum. 

this may be going too far but it is ragestone difficulty, it forces players to be active about their decisions as the patterns with its lasts 2 skills are not equal so people are always guessing to an extent especially if you set conditions such as the boss fight starts with the platinum and ragestone skill already on a completely random timer say for instance, plat skill= 10 second one time, ragestone=9 this would mean the first instance of that skill occurs then however the skills themselves will still have the same cooldown no matter what but it just stops players predicting everything.

Thank you for reading this and i just hope this maybe gives you some new ideas in the direction challenges can take compared to your current plans for challenges if not, owell