Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Progress towards support lvls
Or or or or.... people that pay for the game can have something extra... just an idea... lets think about a system for that.... something like a support level system where you gain small bonuses after hitting spending milestones... any one has any idea's for that?
I really like the general direction of this idea, but I do think that the progression is rather aggressive. A multiplier of 2 could be more realistic, in my opinion. The concepts behind this are really nice, though.
Giving two different values with some math behind was to show how long one would wait for "decent" support level with just daily claims. I believe it is more up to people with higher support lvl to judge which rate is more suitable for f2p. I know that people tend to be greedy, but I would chose multiplier of 2 - mostly because in the future we may have even more things rewarding us with support points, so more flexibility is allowed.

Basic concept is set, things can be changed or adjusted to match expectations (Ray included Smile ). 

I know that Ray wants to implement something. He wants to discuss this with the community that can share ideas and give pros/cons. I hope that the idea based on this thread, which you can already comment, will be considered too. 

Cheers Smile
You guys do realise that its already possible to grow your support lvl as f2p right? I also find it hard to understand why people state that its not fair that people who pay for the game are more powerful... The current support system is meant to reward people for their SUPPORT towards the game developer(s) by "donating" money in exchange for some ingame benefits. Why do people feel like they deserve to get those same benefits for free, by just logging in to the game?

You dont go to a super market saying "Hey, can i have free food, i come here every day, it's not fair that people who buy food have higher chances to gain weight while i stay lightweight because i dont feel like paying for my food, i really think i should get some for free for just for hanging out in front of your store every day." And yes, i am aware that there are people unable to spend cash on a game like this, for one reason or the other, but thats just life, and it aint fair....

I am not saying that attendance shouldn't be rewarded, but dont forget that people already get codes now and then, that give bonuses, 100% free. I honestly think that Ray should give those codes less often.

Yes, i understand i might sound like a douchebag, but come on, Ray has been a very generous developer, far more than any other developer thats ever been on Kong, please stop begging for freebies.
This is actually the exact style i'm aiming at for the system, with milestones after <x1>,<x2>,<x3> days playing, where the awarded support progression grows more significantly for long-term players. I've been working out numbers for a few days...should hopefully have some sample numbers to work out soon.

Ray
I will be going from support lv 8-9 when the soulstone system comes out, that aside i think the rate should be 3x and uncapped it takes people over a year to reach support level 12 and beyond that it scales up very fast, with this system in place you could probably leave the support system for a few years before needing to change it.

Now heres something which i think players should consider, at the later support levels its going to become a matter of who reaches something 10 maybe 50-100 days at the very most sooner rather then being simply ahead support levels with this setup wont really be a matter of cashing besides the early investments which of course if you get further in arena faster and stuff like that does add up

So the real question i would pose is do you prefer a system that lets you pay to get ahead rather then pay to win where things are too different between the two. Im all for this balance as long as players continue to have things which can put them up to 100 days i would limit it at ahead in progress of another.

Side note* The way i see this game is its about communities having fun together rather then being competitive cashing the most to simply win, although there are lots of players who do cash from what ive seen of the community most are friendly and only really compete arrogantly if at all with other cashers.

To conclude, something that is going to happen in time but to enhance the community aspect and have players happy with all these balances we are really going to need more challenges and things that are well above the players level at the time. It forces players to work together in order to clear new group challenges rather then only having competition as this games outlet.

These are just my opinons though feel free to disagree ^^
(09-24-2015, 03:10 PM)Brouwer Wrote: 1. All diamond requirements are transferred to support points requirements. If you needed 140k diamonds for support 10, now you need 140k points for that.
2. Support points can be earned, as mentioned above, based on active days. They are called passive support points and they are claimable at the same time daily reward is claimed. The number of points you claim is proportional to number of days played (see trophies).
3. More about passive points - the amount you earn can be equal to 3*X (X=days played). This will allow f2p to reach 200k support points (support lvl 11) after, suprisingly, exactly 1 year. After that time points per day cap at 3*365. The cap is to prevent too fast growth, which with this system is of square rate (polynonial of order 2). Support 12 is reached at day 456, 13 at 632, 14 at 730 and 15 past 1k days. If this is too much, amount can be 2*X, capping at 730 after 1 year. Support 10 is reached at day 374, 11 at 456, 12 at 593, 13 few days after 1k.
4. Support points are retrospective, so if you already play 100 days, you are given all points you missed.
5. If you miss claim at day X, you also miss 3*X points. The next day you can claim 3*(x+1) points (as this matches to day X+1).
6. Referalls can provide you 10% of their daily support point claims. This rounds down to neariest integer. Also, to prevent abuse, you can only have 3 referalls from which you can benefit.
7. Daily activity can give support points. My idea is that for each challenge completed you earnd 1-5 points, according to their difficulty. However, to prevent abuse, only 15 points can be earned per day.

- I agree on the points 1. 2. and 4. .
- About 3. , I'm confident in what will Ray do. But I think 2*x is too much (and i'm free player) . 1 point per day sounds good, we are already getting a lot of points from space expedition, mining and events. And in the future, more challenges will be added, so more points from challenges too. More stuff will come later, so it will make it easier and easier to gather points.
- About 5. , if you miss a day, you miss a day. Be there next time.
- I don't like the idea of referals, so I dislike even more the idea of getting points from them Tongue

- About daily activity, I don't think players should get a reward for helping in challenge. They help if they want, being forced to help ungrateful people who can't say "please" or just asking for a "carry" , really, no thanks. And there is still the solution to do a few duo/group with guildmate that doesn't need anything. In the end, those who need won't get much more help than it is actually.

About cashers, some kind of "achievement" for spending x$ seems fair. Dunno in what proportion as I don't know how much money people spend. But I'm sure Ray can figure something good about it.
(09-26-2015, 04:55 AM)DarkBobob Wrote: - I agree on the points 1. 2. and 4. .
- About 3. , I'm confident in what will Ray do. But I think 2*x is too much (and i'm free player) . 1 point per day sounds good, we are already getting a lot of points from space expedition, mining and events. And in the future, more challenges will be added, so more points from challenges too. More stuff will come later, so it will make it easier and easier to gather points.
- About 5. , if you miss a day, you miss a day. Be there next time.
- I don't like the idea of referals, so I dislike even more the idea of getting points from them Tongue

- About daily activity, I don't think players should get a reward for helping in challenge. They help if they want, being forced to help ungrateful people who can't say "please" or just asking for a "carry" , really, no thanks. And there is still the solution to do a few duo/group with guildmate that doesn't need anything. In the end, those who need won't get much more help than it is actually.

About cashers, some kind of "achievement" for spending x$ seems fair. Dunno in what proportion as I don't know how much money people spend. But I'm sure Ray can figure something good about it.

Thanks for the comment.

I think you missunderstood point 3. Why did you involve expeditions and other sources there? Passive support, due to my idea, can only be obtained from daily claims (2*X) and from other activities that are subject to discuss. It is not like every single action should provide you points. By supporting the game you actually play it and help others in various way. Woodcutting or mining does to belong here.

Based on actual passive support, referalls sound proper here. 

Helping in challenge could work provided two conditions are satisfied:
1. You complete the challenge.
2. The challenge has at least one player who hasn't completed the challenge yet. I know this can be pretty easily completed, but you can restrict it more if necessary. That was "random" idea. I think more people can make up more Smile
I don't think you should get support bonus if you aren't supporting. /thread.
---Retired---
(09-29-2015, 01:04 AM)Ragekai Wrote: I don't think you should get support bonus if you aren't supporting. /thread.

What's your definition of support?

Support doesn't mean to just "pay" to support the developers. Playing the game, participating on the forum/chats, helping the community, etc. are also ways to support a game. I feel like you just want to make sure you can always be above everyone from being p2p.
You can usually find me here!