Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automated Name Change System
It'd be useful to, some day, have an automated name change system. Some people, upon realising how vital Kong chat is to having a super great time on IOU, would like their names to match up. Some people just have a change of heart. To avoid abuse players could only be allowed something along the lines of one name change per month.

Obviously not a big deal but would be cool in the long run!
unfortunately I'm in the camp of wanting my Kong name changed rather then my IOU name, but apparently they don't offer that anymore :/
Andez - Click Heroes
Names in IOU should certainly never change.
---Retired---
(09-21-2015, 07:11 AM)Ragekai Wrote: Names in IOU should certainly never change.

What's your reasoning?
(09-21-2015, 10:03 AM)Lolleh Wrote:
(09-21-2015, 07:11 AM)Ragekai Wrote: Names in IOU should certainly never change.

What's your reasoning?

Name is your identity, how others identify you. Keep track of who's who. It would be a confusing mess with name changing.
Rankings would be confusing with name changing as well.
---Retired---
What about a pay to use option? Such as 100 diamonds to change your name. Or even an incremental cost, to avoid constant name changing. 100 for the first change, 500 for the next, whatever.
IOU Magsie
IOU Score 28684
Guild Holy Warriors (#9)
I'm on the side of not allowing people to change names, but if something were to be implemented I would suggest a one time option for the people who made a jokey name to begin with and have come to regret it. Allowing people to change their names on a whim can damage the sense of community.
I think name changes should be allowed especially to reflect you kong name. But ofc with limitations might be something that can be added later when we can view each others stats.
That way you could have the former name of account noted there.
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
Here's the issue:

The amount of requests for name changes is growing and it's becoming a hectic task, and this is only a likely very small portion of the amount of players that there will be in the next year with the game going far more global.

Automation cannot be done because we can't have people changing names for other malicious reasons, so this is done on a manual level.

Since it's not a charged service, people have been naming their character 'cactus sucker' (made up, this wasn't a real name) then realizing they like the game and want something a little less cactus sucky, and then I receive several requests that diminish my ability to support other issues. I'm looking at allowing the community manager to filter through these, but in truth...name changes are pretty iffy for people who didn't create completely ridiculous names at the beginning, to where an identity change would actually be a positive thing for the community.

This is happening with account transfers as well, but I think that will become an automated process down the road unlike this.