Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PLEASE lock down the party settings!
There is a disturbing trend happening in this game.

Twice, the party I was in was literally hijacked by a jerk - entering, switching levels, changing the inferno setting - and literally WRESTLING with me for control!  There is no alternative but to leave the party and go elsewhere.

THIS IS NOT how the game was meant to be!  PLEASE, just lock down all settings to the first person in.  Everybody that joins either lives with the settings as they are or go find another party.  Or make your own.
I would support some sort of waiting period for new entrants to a public party before they can change things - perhaps 30-60 minutes?

Another idea would be some sort of password to protect the settings...
That is why you get you and your party members to password or turn off their "Allow Join" party in options.
Having a lock for settings on the "Party Leader" doesn't work for card hunters in AT3, now that we can see the card count of party members we no longer have to ask if everyone is at a count they are happy with.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
I would agree with this, some kind of jerks are coming in my party (I have a protected password but it doesnt work, also I was solo before someone joined me) and they annoys me. I need @Ray or @Analog or someone else for that.
(08-27-2015, 01:36 AM)Antonio Wrote: I would agree with this, some kind of jerks are coming in my party (I have a protected password but it doesnt work, also I was solo before someone joined me) and they annoys me. I need @Ray or @Analog or someone else for that.

There are two ways to stop people from joining your party:

1) Password-protect your party. Every member of the group must do this, or else someone can join your party member regardless of your password.
2) Turn off guild-join. Leaving this on will allow guild members to get around your party password and join you.

Quite simply - if you want to stop people from joining, take action on both points.
I completely agree with the OP.  I was about to post one of my own but I came across this one so I'll just bump it with my comment.
To all the readers who are thinking this:
(08-27-2015, 01:52 AM)vendettas Wrote: There are two ways to stop people from joining your party:

1) Password-protect your party. Every member of the group must do this, or else someone can join your party member regardless of your password.
2) Turn off guild-join. Leaving this on will allow guild members to get around your party password and join you.

Quite simply - if you want to stop people from joining, take action on both points.
I just have to say - Sure that works assuming the other people in the party want to do that..or they haven't already gone afk.  The thing is - I shouldn't have to rely on telling every person to do this.  
Think about it in an every day scenario.. You are on your way to your Nana's for her delicious biscuits and gravy. You pull up to a red light and BAM! someone pushes you over to the passenger seat and hops in your car. (S)He Looks you right in the face and says "Onward! to Jack in the box".  Not cool huh? You know those fluffy-golden delicious biscuits are going to be gone by the time you get there now and you are angry! 
Now imagine the same scenario except your doors are lock. You just drive on over to your Nana's and get some of the best comfort food on the planet.