Yes, there should be a penalty
No, there should not be a penalty
They should be banned 1 strike rule
They should be banned but only after multiple strikes
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should using an autoclicker/scripting come with a penalty
Since Ray can track who 'cheats' should a penalty be given to those of the community who have an unfair advantage over other players. I personally use an autoclicker myself, so this suggestion would affect me as well.

While Ray is continually trying to keep the game balanced between those of us who use methods to play while afk, and those who play 100% legit; he may never be able to make it a 100% even playing field...unless ofc, he implemented harsh penalties for breaking the rules.

In the past Ray had said that he had a 1 strike rule for people who exploited the game...6 months later, not 1 person has been banned in game that I know of. As time past, using ac/scripts became more acceptable as more people did it. Eventually Ray no longer even saw it as cheating. Instead of banning people, he did however try and stop the exploits; which to me was a better choice.

The recent NRG while helpful, also pissed a lot of players off. To this, I'm sure he is already working on a better solution. That's one huge aspect to Ray that the community (especially newer players) need to understand, while Ray may make a 'balance' if it isn't well received by the community he will rebalance it. Just give him time and voice your opinion. No need to be rude and go overboard.

Anyways lol went a little bit off topic there.
I recently started using an autoclicker (past few levels), but mostly just when I'm sleeping. Never tried any scripts though.

Having said that, I am more than willing to stop using it if Ray would implement some kind of punishment for people who do auto/script. Honestly, I think the entire thing should be stopped and there should be major penalties for extended uses of it.

So yes PLEASE have some kind of punishment system implemented for people using auto clickers/scripts. I honestly think bans should be passed out, but only after multiple strikes. Everyone deserves at least time to be told that they'd no longer be allowed to do things.
Mana, stamina? I have max regen and total mana/stamina and still is 40 minutes of clicking/casting and many hours to recover the mana/stamina.

I dont like scripts, but people who code their own script have some commitment with the game (?)

For me, mana/stamina do the job
Instakill Guild
-Creator-
i don't see how you can track clicker/scripters, i know people out there that have their alarm clocks set for 1-2 hours just so they can stay ahead, how are you to track that? if they say something in chat or not?
Lets just say that one of these people do get band/penalized just for getting up every 1-2 hours.
Also a clicker/scripter could just say they are active.
It's not like Ray has access to your computer so he can't really tell if the person is a bot or just a really active player.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
This really isn't a good decision left up to us.

A lot of the people who actually care about how well they're doing are either using auto clickers/scripts to be on top or to just keep up. Why would they vote for punishing?
(08-26-2015, 11:59 AM)FadedSentry Wrote: This really isn't a good decision left up to us.

A lot of the people who actually care about how well they're doing are either using auto clickers/scripts to be on top or to just keep up. Why would they vote for punishing?

lol We have no decision ever but Ray does take feedback from the community.

As to why would they vote for punishing, for the same reason I made the thread. It doesn't help me out at all but it is for the better of the game. But beyond that, it isn't just about being punished it is for balance in the game. If the majority of the community doesn't even care if ppl use ac/scripts, then Ray might as well forgo balancing things within the game and concentrate solely on events and content.

Mining drones would have still been rampant in the game, mana/stamina would not be around, NRG would not have gotten any increase. Those are just a few of the balancing changes that Ray changed to help keep the game balanced. As he adds more content, I'm sure people will find even more ways to have an unfair advantage over others. But if the community doesn't care and they play the game anyway; maybe Ray shouldn't bother either.
I'm not a fan of autoclick/scripts... I feel like have the game play by itself defeats the purpose.
That said, it's really up to Ray... the most important things are 1) the rules are consistent and 2) any changes are made clear and given a bit of lead time.
(08-26-2015, 08:05 AM)Kadercito Wrote: Mana, stamina? I have max regen and total mana/stamina and still is 40 minutes of clicking/casting and many hours to recover the mana/stamina.

I dont like scripts, but people who code their own script have some commitment with the game (?)

It's not really about clicking on mobs that is the issue. Mana/stamina handles that well. It's more so related to resetting ascension points in a timed manner to have an advantage over those who do not. Claiming expeditions, pets, chests and in the past cutting wood and mining.

lol I think we could do with more stamina/mana pools...1000 isn't enough for ppl who feel active.
(08-26-2015, 12:58 PM)CRIMSONKING Wrote:
(08-26-2015, 08:05 AM)Kadercito Wrote: Mana, stamina? I have max regen and total mana/stamina and still is 40 minutes of clicking/casting and many hours to recover the mana/stamina.

It's not really about clicking on mobs that is the issue. Mana/stamina handles that well. It's more so related to resetting ascension points in a timed manner to have an advantage over those who do not. Claiming expeditions, pets, chests and in the past cutting wood and mining.

lol I think we could do with more stamina/mana pools...1000 isn't enough for ppl who feel active.

:o  Im jealous now
Instakill Guild
-Creator-
If you use an auto-clicker or script, or any other method of cheating; you're a cheater.

And, even tho you are cheating--

You still can't #GetOnMyLevel

*shakes head* tisk tisk..

EDIT: Yes they should be penalized and banned for cheating. I don't care if 10,000 vote "no penalty" and only 1 against. Just because you like to cheat doesn't make it okay or fair.
---Retired---