Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Better challenge group management.
We need to update a few things with the challenges.

1. We need some kind of indicator that a challenge has started when you aren't paying attention. Whether it be a sound, or the window blinking, or another form. Have this able to be set in the option menu for people who prefer one way or the other, or just not at all if they'd rather. I know sometimes people start a group and it takes a while for it to get 6 people so they go do something else online and never realize it's going.

2. We need a way to tell when someone in the group is not clicking. I personally would like to know if right off the bat someone is afk or not paying attention to the challenge, because if they aren't there in the first minute of the challenge I might as well just leave.

3. We could also use a method for kicking people from a group before the challenge starts. I have had on at least 2 occasions where someone will join my group multiple times and intentionally not do anything. You may also wish to make it where the challenge will not start until the creator of the challenge wants it to start. This way you can make sure everyone is there before it starts. Maybe some kind of ready up system.
Never quite understood how some of the community prefers to do challenges with random people over their guild and friends. Unless ofc they want to be carried. I have never been in a challenge yet, where any of those things have happened.

Not saying they aren't good suggestions, but if you're still relying on random people...you're doing it wrong or at least in an inefficient manner. If you don't have 6 friends yet in this game or guild mates Sad get some.

Set a guild time for challenges; at first we'd always go after an event, now we have a separate set time that anyone can ask for help at. Since we are a guild, regardless if we've beaten the challenges or not already, we will join to get our guild mates through. This eliminates all 3 of your current issues with the challenge system, in a method that is simple and easy.

lol Now just to be funny...maybe YOU need better group management, as well as some others. Though I am open to the changes you suggested, I just don't think it should be high up on the list of things for Ray to do.
(08-06-2015, 06:17 PM)FadedSentry Wrote: We need to update a few things with the challenges.

1. We need some kind of indicator that a challenge has started when you aren't paying attention. Whether it be a sound, or the window blinking, or another form. Have this able to be set in the option menu for people who prefer one way or the other, or just not at all if they'd rather. I know sometimes people start a group and it takes a while for it to get 6 people so they go do something else online and never realize it's going.

2. We need a way to tell when someone in the group is not clicking. I personally would like to know if right off the bat someone is afk or not paying attention to the challenge, because if they aren't there in the first minute of the challenge I might as well just leave.

3. We could also use a method for kicking people from a group before the challenge starts. I have had on at least 2 occasions where someone will join my group multiple times and intentionally not do anything. You may also wish to make it where the challenge will not start until the creator of the challenge wants it to start. This way you can make sure everyone is there before it starts. Maybe some kind of ready up system.

1. is a good idea.

2. As stated in 1 some people do other things and some times they don't notice in the first min, this doesn't mean you'll fail, so you leaving may be to fast.
It is an okay idea as it helps you to see if people are just joining challenges and walking away (afking) them.
I have been in some groups where I was the carry and then 3 people would leave and I'd carry the other 2 to the end, if they didn't leave the group would have passed.

3. This idea may get abused.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
(08-07-2015, 12:51 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: Not saying they aren't good suggestions, but if you're still relying on random people...you're doing it wrong or at least in an inefficient manner. If you don't have 6 friends yet in this game or guild mates Sad get some.

I'm the highest level in my guild currently having reached 200 a few days ago. There is currently only 1 other level 200 in my guild, and I don't know any level 200's outside of it. Therefore no, I do not have 5 other people I can rely on for the challenges I need to finish.

(08-07-2015, 01:26 AM)Mythic Wrote: 2. As stated in 1 some people do other things and some times they don't notice in the first min, this doesn't mean you'll fail, so you leaving may be to fast.
It is an okay idea as it helps you to see if people are just joining challenges and walking away (afking) them.
I have been in some groups where I was the carry and then 3 people would leave and I'd carry the other 2 to the end, if they didn't leave the group would have passed.

3. This idea may get abused.

For #2, I'm not talking about being a high level and doing low level challenges for others. I'm referring to challenges that are already difficult for you to complete as is, you need everyone participating to win. Also, it's a bit annoying when some people just don't "feel" like helping out until the very end, so they choose to do nothing.

For #3, I can see some possibilities where it may be abused, but you can already dictate the level of the people that can join, and if need be you can password it. This is simply meant to prevent people from hindering your experience.
lol Spend some time on chatzy, you'll make 200+ friends quickly. If you're outspoken enough to make a thread and have a conversation in it, you'll do fine in making friends who can and are willing to help you in challenges.
I wasn't aware there was such a thing.

I've tried the Kong chat, but since I did not make my account there it displays a 1 next to my name. =/
http://us21.chatzy.com/58449473508516
You can usually find me here!
Well, despite whether people want the 2nd or 3rd idea on my list, I still feel the 1st would be extremely helpful. Was hoping to get some feedback from Analog on it.