The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party Improvements - 7 suggestions / ideas
Hi Ray:

I have been meaning to get by here or chat to mention some party improvements but just haven't. Since I saw in Kong chat earlier today you mentioned the next patch will be improving these things I thought I should get by here and make mention of a few ideas/items just in case they weren't already on your radar.

1) The 'host' system. This is the most important issue in my opinion because it at times limits your more dedicated players.

I frequently am the 'host' to a party grinding. When I'm the 'host' even if I want to participate in a challenge, unless all my other party members are on, I'll often skip because I hate disrupting and breaking up the party. If someone is AFK I may have left them grinding in Inferno making terrible EXP.

Two suggestions on how to address. A) Make the party 'host' a session on the server not dependent on any one player. I realize this could add to the burden on the server and may not be ideal. B) Make it so if the 'host' leaves a party one of the remaining players becomes the host.

2) If the 'host' system remains based on a player, show us in some way who the host of the party is.

3) When attempting to join a party that already has the maximum number of players. Display a message that the party is already full. Instead it currently goes to "Connecting..." and then drops you back into your solo session with no message. Some users think this is the party system being buggy because they don't realize the party is full.

4) Misc connectivity issues I know you've already heard about "Player is offline" when they aren't, etc...

5) When someone joins a party always dumping them to the 1st zone of that planet is pretty annoying. If it must remain this way, how about an area where the 'host' could leave a message up so they could tell future joiners where they'd like to be grinding?

6) Allow guild members to see what zone the other members are in from the guild list before joining. (maybe in the tool tip when hover over 'Join'?)

7) That party/guild chat window will change focus to the "region" tab at times I think due to being moved between the lobby rooms. Occasionally this is annoying when typing a message and hitting send without realizing the focus had jump to the region tab.

Messages In This Thread
Party Improvements - 7 suggestions / ideas - EvoGeek - 06-21-2015, 04:15 PM