The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 15 :: 2016 :: January
Happy New Years...

Time to push the limits here this year....i'm quite annoyed and disappointed at the last few months with having a difficult time micromanaging such a massive project/community, however that's changing with much better delegation and the nearing of the new service.

This is what's going on:
  • Tomorrow i'll be releasing the first new monthly challenge content release, "Under the Sea" theme. Some major difficulty rebalancing in store for this - but could be a WIP balance.
  • Next month's challenge is already well on its way to being prepared, with a "Rednex" theme.
  • The new programmer starts on the new service for delegated work effort tomorrow so I can personally start providing better support and delegate my task work in other areas that need it the most very soon - back to the responsive developer I enjoyed being many months ago.
  • The new service has been undergoing a mindnumbing amount of significant work, and tests are appearing to go smoother than anticipated so far. I'll actually be opening this up to public pretty soon!
  • A new guild building is planned for the near future, but i'm contemplating whether to just prepare it on the new service as we are getting close with that...
  • January's monthly event is bringing a new experimental genre to IOU. Assets appear ready, I just need to find the time in between everything else these next two weeks to get that running. I don't expect it will last very long with the transition of the new server, so this may be one event that isn't run all the way until the next.
  • Talking to UI experts about resolving many UI ugliness sometime this month, which will open the doors to some of the new features I had intended to present a long time ago, such as the extended options system, guild logs and so forth - all of which will be possible with the new service that was simply not possible with Yahoo.
  • Rehauls are being done to monsters, backgrounds slowly but surely. 

ps. It is known that expeditions on the current service are acting funky with claims as I had to perform an emergency patch to rectify an exploit. A couple of players have been banned after checking the logs for the abuse.

Messages In This Thread
Dev Diary 15 :: 2016 :: January - Ray - 01-11-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Dev Diary 15 :: 2016 :: January - Ray - 01-27-2016, 02:46 PM