Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 12 :: 2015 :: October
In preparations for the next patch, i've been working on a new chat system.

The style of the new chat will be a little inconsistent with the previous chat system, or other windows as it is the first major UI component with Resolution & Mobile support in mind.

Beyond a small potential of adding skinning capability down the road, you can probably expect the following features:
  • Seeing the level of the player sending the message
  • Seeing the timestamp of the player sending the message
  • System messages should stand out far more clear
  • The ability to expand the chat window across the battle window for chat-focus, along with being able to read long chat messages with more ease
  • No more battle window shrinking
This isn't the most exciting 'feature' coming, but one that has been lingering in the to-do list for far too long.

Halloween event development begins after this patch, likely late this week/weekend, depending how smooth my move goes lol.

Regarding support, we will have a new user for Community Relations (Alice) who will be able to assist with re-instancing of parties & guilds, and will hopefully be able to assist in chat moderation on Kongregate soon, among other things Idea  

I'm also intending on working with someone later this week on preparing server design for the potential service transfer away from Yahoo's Gamesnet - the service that has been holding the game back for a while with a plague of service issues.

I appreciate how patient you guys have been with all of this as I can certainly understand how annoying these same occurrences must be getting. Rest assured, I haven't been resting well with these issues still kicking around and i'm working around the clock in preparations for the long-term improvements of the service Smile

Ray

Messages In This Thread
Dev Diary 12 :: 2015 :: October - Ray - 10-07-2015, 03:12 AM
RE: Dev Diary 12 :: 2015 :: October - Ray - 10-10-2015, 03:31 AM
RE: Dev Diary 12 :: 2015 :: October - Ray - 10-13-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: Dev Diary 12 :: 2015 :: October - Ray - 10-18-2015, 06:16 AM
RE: Dev Diary 12 :: 2015 :: October - Ray - 10-26-2015, 03:11 PM