Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automated Name Change System
Here's the issue:

The amount of requests for name changes is growing and it's becoming a hectic task, and this is only a likely very small portion of the amount of players that there will be in the next year with the game going far more global.

Automation cannot be done because we can't have people changing names for other malicious reasons, so this is done on a manual level.

Since it's not a charged service, people have been naming their character 'cactus sucker' (made up, this wasn't a real name) then realizing they like the game and want something a little less cactus sucky, and then I receive several requests that diminish my ability to support other issues. I'm looking at allowing the community manager to filter through these, but in truth...name changes are pretty iffy for people who didn't create completely ridiculous names at the beginning, to where an identity change would actually be a positive thing for the community.

This is happening with account transfers as well, but I think that will become an automated process down the road unlike this.

Messages In This Thread
Automated Name Change System - Lolleh - 09-21-2015, 06:16 AM
RE: Automated Name Change System - Andez - 09-21-2015, 07:02 AM
RE: Automated Name Change System - Ragekai - 09-21-2015, 07:11 AM
RE: Automated Name Change System - Lolleh - 09-21-2015, 10:03 AM
RE: Automated Name Change System - Ragekai - 09-21-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: Automated Name Change System - Magsie - 09-24-2015, 03:24 AM
RE: Automated Name Change System - Ray - 09-26-2015, 03:45 AM