Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IOU Community needs to be more outspoken on forums
Hello, while Pm'ing Ray your concerns and suggestions is great. I think it would help the community as well as Ray, if members who played this game were more vocal on issues and concerns on the forum first. In that way, Ray could have an easier time to gauge what the community wants, as well as giving him more personal time to work on problems, issues and content for the game.

For every individual Pm we send Ray, he has to take additional time to read it, and respond. As the game is continuing to grow, it is more than likely that some of those Pms have been duplicated topics. I understand that Ray answers Pms quicker and we as people want to know we've been answered but for the greater good of the IOU community I urge you to instead use the forums first. Threads that have gotten a lot of replies, Ray always answers in them as well.

Speaking of 'a lot' of replies in a thread. This has been a problem this community has shown since I first joined months ago. The majority of users will read a thread and not reply to it. Even just saying two words, would make a world of difference. I agree/disagree/non issue. If you don't want to go in depth on your opinion that's fine but at least, show your standings on the topic. Problems or opinions you may have had, may change if you realize something about it, that another user shares or it may further stem your own point of view.

This is only a suggestion, so feel free to listen or disregard it but I do think it would help Ray and the development of the game overall.
While I agree with you, I think a big problem is that it's great that the game is available on so many platforms, but it kind of fragments the community. Kong players will generally post on the kong forums, IOURPG.com players will generally post here, and so on. I'm not really sure how to bring everyone (or a lot more) together here.

A lot of players seem almost blind to the Social tab in the game - one even argued with me there was no Chatzy because there was no "Social" tab on the ingame chat xD
(07-25-2015, 01:41 AM)Janus Wrote: While I agree with you, I think a big problem is that it's great that the game is available on so many platforms, but it kind of fragments the community. Kong players will generally post on the kong forums, IOURPG.com players will generally post here, and so on. I'm not really sure how to bring everyone (or a lot more) together here.

A lot of players seem almost blind to the Social tab in the game - one even argued with me there was no Chatzy because there was no "Social" tab on the ingame chat xD

Hmm, good point. Maybe someone like analog who is the community manager will post a similar thread like this one on each platform. As long as the players on each platform are reducing the amount of Pms Ray receives it will help lower the amount of work Ray has to do. Similar threads that seem to be a major issue can then be posted on each platforms own sites. Ray, then would have a lot less pms and platform sources with concentrated pool of issues to look into.
I'd take the other approach - I'd rather Analog work to combine the social platforms into a single community. One forum with 3000 members is better than three forums with 1000 members each. The kongregate forums suck - let's be honest. And I don't see a viable forum option on Facebook. (to clear up any potential confusion - I don't mean to actually combine the forums, but rather work to push members of each towards a common forum).

This is the optimal forum; this is where Analog/Ray, and the influential players on each platform, should be directing players to voice their opinions.
(07-25-2015, 06:22 AM)vendettas Wrote: I'd take the other approach - I'd rather Analog work to combine the social platforms into a single community. One forum with 3000 members is better than three forums with 1000 members each. The kongregate forums suck - let's be honest. And I don't see a viable forum option on Facebook. (to clear up any potential confusion - I don't mean to actually combine the forums, but rather work to push members of each towards a common forum).

This is the optimal forum; this is where Analog/Ray, and the influential players on each platform, should be directing players to voice their opinions.

As a Kong player, I agree with this. The forums there are unwieldy and difficult. I'd much rather this forum become a contact point for all platforms.
(07-25-2015, 01:38 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: Hello, while Pm'ing Ray your concerns and suggestions is great. I think it would help the community as well as Ray, if members who played this game were more vocal on issues and concerns on the forum first. In that way, Ray could have an easier time to gauge what the community wants, as well as giving him more personal time to work on problems, issues and content for the game.

For every individual Pm we send Ray, he has to take additional time to read it, and respond. As the game is continuing to grow, it is more than likely that some of those Pms have been duplicated topics. I understand that Ray answers Pms quicker and we as people want to know we've been answered but for the greater good of the IOU community I urge you to instead use the forums first. Threads that have gotten a lot of replies, Ray always answers in them as well.

Speaking of 'a lot' of replies in a thread. This has been a problem this community has shown since I first joined months ago. The majority of users will read a thread and not reply to it. Even just saying two words, would make a world of difference. I agree/disagree/non issue. If you don't want to go in depth on your opinion that's fine but at least, show your standings on the topic. Problems or opinions you may have had, may change if you realize something about it, that another user shares or it may further stem your own point of view.

This is only a suggestion, so feel free to listen or disregard it but I do think it would help Ray and the development of the game overall.

+1

(07-25-2015, 06:22 AM)vendettas Wrote: I'd take the other approach - I'd rather Analog work to combine the social platforms into a single community. One forum with 3000 members is better than three forums with 1000 members each. The kongregate forums suck - let's be honest. And I don't see a viable forum option on Facebook. (to clear up any potential confusion - I don't mean to actually combine the forums, but rather work to push members of each towards a common forum).

+1
(07-25-2015, 06:28 AM)Kaotikus Wrote:

As a Kong player, I agree with this.  The forums there are unwieldy and difficult.  I'd much rather this forum become a contact point for all platforms.

Next week, I'd like to start directing (the more dedicated) iou kong players to this forum more and more, though we'll still maintain a presence on the kong forums and comments section of course.