Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dislike new inferno levels change.
I liked it better before, when the mobs went up in level like they did through pre-inferno. I think having the entire inferno tier all mobs on all zones at the same level is boring. It makes the game dull.

1. It takes away dynamic of gameplay. Before, when partying ; or solo, you had to make a strategic choice for what mob you'd farm at based on a lot of different factors (xp/hp/time to kill/ # of cards you have vs how difficult it is to obtain more of this card, etc) Now, it's just "ok im on inferno 2" for weeks on end, thats no fun. It also, for this same reason defeats feeling of progression.

2. It takes away from the character of each mob. Now, the mobs have no character beyond just their name and picture...no mob is any different from the other. For all intents in purposes-- there may as well not even be multiple mobs / zones now since they all are the same hp/xp/level/etc. It really takes a lot of the strategy, out of the game, and its plain boring.

Edit-- 3. It takes away the fun of the card system. How it was before, the mobs from the high level planets were more desireable..and harder to collect..becuause you'd eventually need to farm those higher level mobs vs. the lower when you had a lot of cards of lower built up and you can get less of the higher for a bigger dmg boost; and switch back and forth as you went through the tiers. That was a lot more fun then just "a card is a card and all that matters is how many you got of them, they are all equally hard to obtain (minus bosses); and all the mob on each card is equally difficult to defeat and farm cards at for the same xp as any other card no matter your strength.) " mehhh.. *sad face*

Honestly, I'm kind of dissapointed in a way to not see others complaining about this. I understand you want the game to be simpler/easier-- as its an idle game, yeah, but this is a huge step away imo for enjoyability. diverse and dynamic gameplay; and just a really bad choice imo.

Thoughts?
I feel the opposite way - I really like and appreciate this change?

Why? Those of us who were aiming for optimal XP farming were required to stay on World 1 previously. If you left World 1, your XP/hour took a massive nosedive. Now, you can leave world 1 and still get optimal XP farming, meaning that you can get a higher base damage through card farming. This change actually opened up a whole different part of the game for some of us.
(07-24-2015, 08:59 AM)Kaotikus Wrote: I feel the opposite way - I really like and appreciate this change?

Why?  Those of us who were aiming for optimal XP farming were required to stay on World 1 previously.  If you left World 1, your XP/hour took a massive nosedive.  Now, you can leave world 1 and still get optimal XP farming, meaning that you can get a higher base damage through card farming.  This change actually opened up a whole different part of the game for some of us.

Yeah but you aren't looking at the bigger picture. So you got xp faster at the lower levels then? Eventually you would have gotten it faster when you could kill the higher level mobs faster. Then, you'd farm higher level mob's cards. Not just any whenever since all mobs the same..

Edit: Maybe the higher level mobs should have given more xp; okay, then change there xp value. That would fix this problem. Simply making all mobs the same is a lazy fix; and its boring..
U see boring i see it normal , inferno mean ENDLESS and endless doesnt mean fun , the fun is the challenge not the farming -_- *and event to* farming never fun it boring but it a part of MMO if u dont like u can just create ur game and see how it work :3
(07-24-2015, 09:46 AM)Ragekai Wrote: Yeah but you aren't looking at the bigger picture. So you got xp faster at the lower levels then? Eventually you would have gotten it faster when you could kill the higher level mobs faster. Then, you'd farm higher level mob's cards. Not just any whenever since all mobs the same..

Edit: Maybe the higher level mobs should have given more xp; okay, then change there xp value. That would fix this problem. Simply making all mobs the same is a lazy fix; and its boring..

Farming in any world except world 1 before this patch gave you significantly less XP/hour than farming world 1. World 2 wasn't too bad, but it still wasn't great.

A guildmate of mine came up with what I think is a beautiful solution. At the moment, we have 10 worlds, with 150 levels' difference between each inferno tier. His idea is to have each world have 15 levels' difference between worlds, so that would mean 10% of the inferno tier difference's level, HP, and rewards difference between each world. The net effect is that it would be the same as it is now, but it would make each world different from the one prior and the one after. This would also allow it to be balanced for XP optimizers.
I just got to Inferno... and I agree 100% with Ragekai. I'm kinda disappointed... so there's no difference in any mob no... just random different pictures? That's just sad... why bother having all different ones, then?
We have seen time and time again that Ray has been open to suggestion and changes. So don't get too disappointed as yet. State your views and reasons behind them, if enough people agree, I'm sure Ray will make a change that will suit the majority of players.

As far as this topic goes, while it does make farming easier, I also agree that it makes the game slightly more boring.
(07-25-2015, 12:35 AM)Wildfire2099 Wrote: I just got to Inferno... and I agree 100% with Ragekai.   I'm kinda disappointed... so there's no difference in any mob no... just random different pictures?    That's just sad... why bother having all different ones, then?

It just recently changed to be that way, before the mobs all had different levels. I'm sure MANY will, like you, reach inferno and be like "hm..well, this is kind of dull now" possibly even quit playing then. =\
Quote:We have seen time and time again that Ray has been open to suggestion and changes. So don't get too disappointed as yet.

Lies! As if I ever took any feedback from the community and utilized it to better the game.... Big Grin

--

Ragekai contacted me through PM and I asked him to get a more general feedback on this so I could get a little more information on the communities thoughts. This generally assists me in figuring out the best middlegrounds for most changes.

All that aside, let me describe the problems with the current AND old system, so we can come up with a new system.

1. Previously with 170 creatures, the levels of ascension tier (A) would grow higher in later worlds than the beginning levels of ascension tier (A+1)
  2. This new system has increased the default beginning difficult already by 50 levels. I could increase the levels per tier to 200 per tier, and increase creature levels by 1 per, but I don't think this will be ideal either.
Solutions?! Be quick about it and maybe I can fix this for the next upcoming patch Smile

Cheers,
Ray
(07-26-2015, 07:00 AM)Ray Wrote: Solutions?! Be quick about it and maybe I can fix this for the next upcoming patch Smile

Cheers,
Ray

I like the attitude, but this might not be something you want to rush, but put some thought into. The inferno levels are our end-game, and you need the end game to be something that everybody likes and enjoys. Personally, I like the new system better than the old, but I agree that it might benefit from more variation.