Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dislike new inferno levels change.
(07-26-2015, 07:00 AM)Ray Wrote: Solutions?! Be quick about it and maybe I can fix this for the next upcoming patch Smile

Cheers,
Ray

I'm going to quote a suggestion a guildmate of mine (Feeshi) put out there a few days ago. I posted it earlier on this thread, but it hasn't gotten any comments. I still personally like it as well as any other solution I've seen.

(07-24-2015, 12:17 PM)Kaotikus Wrote: A guildmate of mine came up with what I think is a beautiful solution. At the moment, we have 10 worlds, with 150 levels' difference between each inferno tier. His idea is to have each world have 15 levels' difference between worlds, so that would mean 10% of the inferno tier difference's level, HP, and rewards difference between each world. The net effect is that it would be the same as it is now, but it would make each world different from the one prior and the one after. This would also allow it to be balanced for XP optimizers.
I'm a fan of Feeshi's suggestion. Simply blend the 150 increments between each world. That would give some variation, and it would allow for the true optimizers to find the absolute best world.
(07-26-2015, 08:46 AM)Kaotikus Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 07:00 AM)Ray Wrote: Solutions?! Be quick about it and maybe I can fix this for the next upcoming patch Smile

Cheers,
Ray

I'm going to quote a suggestion a guildmate of mine (Feeshi) put out there a few days ago. I posted it earlier on this thread, but it hasn't gotten any comments. I still personally like it as well as any other solution I've seen.

(07-24-2015, 12:17 PM)Kaotikus Wrote: A guildmate of mine came up with what I think is a beautiful solution. At the moment, we have 10 worlds, with 150 levels' difference between each inferno tier. His idea is to have each world have 15 levels' difference between worlds, so that would mean 10% of the inferno tier difference's level, HP, and rewards difference between each world. The net effect is that it would be the same as it is now, but it would make each world different from the one prior and the one after. This would also allow it to be balanced for XP optimizers.

This is what I suggested during initial talks in chatzy, but I felt there might be other solutions as well. If nothing else, I may go this route.
I like the idea of starting with the Snake at 150 and moving through and having the Ifrit be 299... that seems perfect.

There's 165 different mobs, right? Of which 33 are bosses. Hmmm... that doesn't quite work out right... going up 1 level per mob (and ending at 285) would actually be fine with me... there should be a bit of a jump between inferno levels.

You could add an extra level between each world.. that'd get you to 295, which actually makes more sense.

Or, you could make each world's mobs the same level, in increments of 15 (so, all of Alpha 150, All of Beta 165, etc)... with each mob within the plan just a bit harder than the one before. I assume the xp/gold pay outs are level based, so that would mae the later ones less desireable, but perhaps those mobs could have a small chance to drop a diamond, an AP, or whatever.. that way no code need be changed, just added. I'm thinking add, say, 1% HP each level, and give a 1/1000 chance to drop a bonus... for the 2nd one, +2% HP, 2/1000 chance, etc. Or the odds can say the say. but improve the payout (maybe diamond first, then Dynamite, AP, Pet Food.. even little wood and stone packs)

Ideally, some sort of progress would be required... maybe a # of cards(not for bosses, obviously)? It could be the same as before (with x number killed) but different would be fun. 25 for the 1st level, 50 the 2nd, etc. Then there would be some strategy... do you stay with the lower mobs and save up extra cards for next time, but at the cost of not being able to kill the stronger mobs?

Yes, that would make the end of the last world tough, but that's OK.. then when you got to it, you'd have a real sense of accomplishment.

I've not been in this area yet to know if giving the progress bonuses there would be something that should happen, but definitely adventure points would be, perhaps 2x whatever it is you get for pre-inferno mobs? 4x? We're taking killing a couple k worth of each mob instead of 10-100, but at the same time it needs to balance with the other scores, ideally.

Thoughts?
Going off of Wildfire's idea - I like the idea of some sort of a progression system in inferno - gives something to actually 'do' rather than just farming x number of cards in each zone. I'm not completely sold of the idea of cards to move to the next area, but maybe that's what the solution is.

Ultimately, in every idle game, players reach a plateau. This game has some elements to keep players engaged at that point, but as people continue to push into the mid 200s, there will need to be something more. Again, maybe x number of cards to progress is something to consider.

I'm sure Ray has thought about things already, so I'm not worried.
Agree , we should have more things to do than farming for cards in inferno
I think asking for mobs to start dropping diamonds in all is a little too much; theres already plent of ways to get diamonds especially with all the events and codes...

But I am glad to see the community agrees its rather lackluster late game how it is now. Any kind of progression of levels and increase of difficulty at higher mobs vs lower in same inferno tier is a step in the right direction in my book from where it is now. As for keeping the level of the mob < levels of the same (at higher tiers)... why not have each inferno add X levels to each mobs level? Or is that how it was before? If so I don't see how it made a problem...

Edit: If the levels of the lower mob in A3, for example is higher than the last planet in A2; thats okay... because it will create a situation where the higher mobs are always more difficult to farm more cards at. Making them more diserable and good to farm at once you got a lot of lower cards. Then you will get a lot of highers to match lower and it becomes good to farm at lower again and vise versa depending on your strat with collecting cards. Thats the kind of dynamic we need.

IMO having to decide between higher xp farming lower cards or lesser xp farming higher cards but getting the high cards that give you more bonus dmg quicker because you got less of them is a good thing; being able to make the choice how you want to build your deck out and balance it with character growth. I think its good having it work something like that. Makes for people to try different routes vs. we all just doing the same thing..
i agree to drop new things but i didnt agree with the diamond idea :|
(07-26-2015, 02:59 PM)Ragekai Wrote: IMO having to decide between higher xp farming lower cards or lesser xp farming higher cards but getting the high cards that give you more bonus dmg quicker because you got less of them is a good thing;  being able to make the choice how you want to build your deck out and balance it with character growth. I think its good having it work something like that. Makes for people to try different routes vs. we all just doing the same thing..

+1
It doesn't have to be diamonds... I just thought that was the cheapest 'special' thing.. it can just be more coins, or whatever, as long as it's something that a player would be happy to have, thus have a feeling that they are accomplishing something.

As it is now, I'm just glomming on with whatever guild members have space and sucking in whatever they give... not super exciting.