Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Public API (shooting for the stars with this one)
(11-05-2015, 11:28 PM)Ray Wrote: Hold your sheeps here...

The new service transfer will definitely bring the potential opportunity for protected back-end database reads. API is definitely in the roadmap now.

Ray

API.... <3333333333333333333333333333

Ragekai Wrote:You should be careful with this Ray giving too much info willy nilly will have everyone running 3rd party software with perfect cookiecutter builds in no time. Diversity and figuring your own build is half the fun. Everyone at 99.995% efficiency is boring..then it really is rank by who been on longest and paid most purely. Use caution here to preserve integrity.

I disagree. If everyone runs at high efficiency, then thats a result of them WANTING to. Right now very active players that want to run at peak efficiency dont simply because they dont know any better. Is that really fair? While this game focuses on longevity and optimization, not everyone plays that way; additionally, many more things are being added in.

At the end of the day if 100% of people find that the funnest way to play the game is at 100% efficiency, then they should be able to do that. However, it is very important to remember that the stats that you threw out to refer to "the vast majority" are completely made up. There are multiple segments that this game caters to, what you depicted primarily applies to the `hardcore` population. Which is a good thing and will possibly cause 3rd party communities and fan sites to flourish, which will only make the game and playerbase grow.
(11-05-2015, 11:55 PM)Ragekai Wrote: You should be careful with this Ray giving too much info willy nilly will have everyone running 3rd party software with perfect cookiecutter builds in no time. Diversity and figuring your own build is half the fun. Everyone at 99.995% efficiency is boring..then it really is rank by who been on longest and paid most purely. Use caution here to preserve integrity.

until orbs it was pretty much as cookie cutter as it gets
Andez - Click Heroes
(11-05-2015, 11:55 PM)Ragekai Wrote: You should be careful with this Ray giving too much info willy nilly will have everyone running 3rd party software with perfect cookiecutter builds in no time. Diversity and figuring your own build is half the fun. Everyone at 99.995% efficiency is boring..then it really is rank by who been on longest and paid most purely. Use caution here to preserve integrity.

all i hear is "i don't wanna lose my top 50 precious rank"