Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Rate Bug
I was just comparing gold drop rates with a guildmate of mine, and we noticed some odd disparities when farming the same level - the one we tested on was world 1, node 2, inferno 4.  Both of us were testing while in a group of 2.

My applicable upgrades include gold rate 100, party boost level 5, VIP gold boost 100 (+120%), support level 12 (+50%), and event boost of +9%.  My guild mate's (Phayte) include gold rate 100, party boost level 5, 10% ascension gold boost, VIP gold boost (+45%), support boost (+6%), and +12% event bonus.

I am receiving 61,892 gold per coin, while Phayte is receiving 45,878 gold per coin.

In order to test if the VIP bonus is getting applied correctly, Phayte increased his VIP gold drop level to +46%.  This increased his coin value to 46,039.

While he has the ascension gold boost that I don't as well as the increased event bonus, it still looks like something is very off somewhere in the calculations for the value per coin.  Thanks for taking a look!

ETA: We both also have 3% bonus gold from individual guild upgrades
With Kaotikus' massive VIP and support tier bonus to gold, we expected the difference between his and my coin value to be much larger than the roughly 35% it is.

Did we miss anything, or is something not quite right here?

EDIT: Small correction because I can't read: my support tier gold bonus was 12% at the time, not 6%.
I approximated your values real quick, leading to following conclusion:

Phayte has rested bonus, you do not.

I see that you joined the forums just yesterday, so you're probably a new player, therefore i'll add a quick explanation of rested bonus for you:
Whenever you are not logged into the game, you gain a buff which is rested bonus. It has the effect of temporarily adding a 1,5 multiplier to you gold gains. (Also to xp, but those don't matter in your case)
(07-07-2015, 07:45 AM)Wq9ill Wrote: I approximated your values real quick, leading to following conclusion:

Phayte has rested bonus, you do not.

I see that you joined the forums just yesterday, so you're probably a new player, therefore i'll add a quick explanation of rested bonus for you:
Whenever you are not logged into the game, you gain a buff which is rested bonus. It has the effect of temporarily adding a 1,5 multiplier to you gold gains. (Also to xp, but those don't matter in your case)

Thanks for taking a look at this. Whether or not Phayte had a rested bonus is something that we checked before doing this testing. I am *not* a new player, I just hadn't needed to join the forums before yesterday.
Nevermind then, i had just seen your forum join date and decided to add it