Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rare Woodcutting / Mining Events
Here's my suggestion to add a little extra spice to woodcutting and mining:

At the tree-selection interface in woodcutting, perhaps there could be a small chance to get a "rare" tree when selecting a tree to chop down. It could have benefits such as low HP with extra base log yield. If possible, I think it would be best to have the HP and log yield be dependent on the map the user selects. For example, if I am on tree 10, and I get this random event, the HP will be half of what tree 10 would be, and maybe have triple the base yield. To prevent abuse, users would only get ONE attempt at finding the rare tree for each time they cut down the highest level of tree they have access to.

Something similar could be done for mining when resetting a shaft. Perhaps a stick of dynamite would be detonated automatically when resetting or there would be an increased yield of stone (1.5x, 2x, etc.) for each patch of dirt. Who knows. It's flexible, but the concept is what I'm shooting for.

Thanks for reading.
This is an idea i've heard in multiple variations.

'Treasure Tree' - Drops 1 pet food + (level tree / 10), round down. , This is also known as apple tree.
'Mighty Tree' - Same HP, drops 1 AP + (level tree /10), round down.
'Old Tree' - 2/3rds HP, normal drops.

'Diamond Mine' - 1 Block of set drops 1 diamond + (depth/10), round down.
'Cave Mine' - 1 Block of set drops 1 AP + (depth/10), round down.
'Worn Mine' - Blocks start at 9-7 HP/clicks, normal drops.

1% chance of a floor/tree being special/treasure base.
good idea +1 :v