Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expeditions
I think it should be more rewards for longer expeditons (or less for shorter). Not 50% for 2 hours, 100% for 4 hours and 150% for 8 hours. Maybe 40%, 110% and 170%?
Actually, I intended the shorter expeditions ratio's to be more rewarding than the longer ones. I just changed the hours but now I also need to change the % to reflect a slightly stronger reward for doing several short expeditions instead of one long expedition.

2 hours = 50%
4 hours = 90%
8 hours = 170%

This would mean being more active, and performing two 2-hour expeditions instead of one 4 hour expedition would be just slightly more rewarding. This is usually standard in social games, and I agree with that design in rewarding players further for more condensed activity.
(01-26-2015, 12:55 AM)Ray Wrote: Actually, I intended the shorter expeditions ratio's to be more rewarding than the longer ones. I just changed the hours but now I also need to change the % to reflect a slightly stronger reward for doing several short expeditions instead of one long expedition.

2 hours = 50%
4 hours = 90%
8 hours = 170%

This would mean being more active, and performing two 2-hour expeditions instead of one 4 hour expedition would be just slightly more rewarding. This is usually standard in social games, and I agree with that design in rewarding players further for more condensed activity.

Some of us have jobs though and are being penalized for not being able to get to their computer every 2 hours. It's usually people with jobs that end up being 'whales' in a game or the ones that spend money. Yes buy premium content to help support the game, meanwhile IOU is going to penalize you for getting that money. Doesn't make sense.
Hi Crimson,

IOU doesn't penalize anyone for anything. It simply awards those for being active, as any game does. This is why the 4/8 hour options are available, so something can still be earned if you are unable to do the shorter interval expeditions.

An 8 hour expedition is only 30% less than doing four 2 hour expeditions - which means even if a person isn't as busy, they would have to literally come back 4 times on the dot to make only a slightly better yield.

People who invest in IOU receive things outsides of expeditions. Expeditions are intended to be a global activity reward system, and one of the features that diamonds or ap cannot assist with. The same people can be actively clicking for the hours you are away for faster progression, and this doesn't mean you're penalized either for their efforts.

That being said, it 'is' only 30%, so it's also not a big deal to just even out the % on my side (2 = 50, 4 = 100, 8 = 200) and remove them from the UI for less confusion.