Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle while offline?
I'm a new player and wanted to reach out with a cpl of questions...
In future updates, will this game continue to earn coins and such while offline like most idle games? Also, this game is progressing quite slowly for me (even for an idle game) and Im wondering if it's because I'd rather not join a guild? Does joining one speed things up?

Thanks a bunch!
Hi Laughin,

Good questions...

I'm actually seeking suggestions on how players would like offline gameplay handled. Please note that it needs to be capped/limited in rewards compared to being online, but yes it is definitely planned. One thing I thought as to avoid rewarding offline players too much, was to have a 'rested' xp system, where if you are offline for 10 hours, you get 5 hours of rested gains (double gold/xp gains for that time while logged in), or perhaps 25% worth of rested time for offline time, with upgrades to improve that rate.

As for guilds - they 'appear' less useful right now because there's a ton of features that need to be done before guilds are what they should be, however for the moment guilds are the only way to group with people, which means significant progress increase.

Also note the game is a bit slow on progress for the moment as it's just shedding out of beta and the speed of progress is intended to progress slowly until more planets, ascensions and features are out. Lastly, I want to bring up that the game is online and multiplayer, something that makes this game different as cheating is not possible so the game will focus a lot on interactions with guilds and events.
Hello,
rested exp sounds great, but there are maybe a few others options.

One of them is time based skilling e.g. Eve online/Perpetuum online system. You can skilling even when you are logged off.
And I think its not hard to code it (you can use rutines from Space Expeditions).

Examples:
Level 1 Damage boost, time needed 30 mins - +1 damage
Level 2 Damage boost, time needed 2 hours - +2 damage
Level 3   -                                    8 hours
Level 4   -                                   24 hours
etc.

Level 1 Exp boost, time needed 30 mins - +1% experience
Level 2 Exp boost, time needed 2 hours - +2% experience
etc.

It would be great Smile

Thank you.
That's an interesting design Sylogis! But in this case I would really like to keep it as simple as possible. I have gone into overly complex systems in the past, and while the more competitive and hardcore players enjoy it, casual players are usually overwhelmed by it, and this game is intended to be about as casual as it gets  Big Grin .
Why not simply attach it to the "Claim" reward? You get rested xp buff (~+10-20% XP) until the next "Claim" reward. Thus, promoting active playing and not overdoing it.

That's just an idea though ^_^
I think rested bonus is a good idea. Decrease the amount earned for each hour offline. For exampel 1 hour offline gives 30 mins rested. 2 hours offline gives 58 minutes etc. Maybe cap it somewhere.
Anyone know how you actually use the new rested xp? It says I earned X minutes of time but where do I go to use it?