Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Upgrades Concern
I dont think that will happen, many Player play there Duo Accounts since the start of the Game. They never Team Up with sb else.

So they wont be able to Progress anymore, until they find someone else or join a Guild, but they might dont whant that...

I dont think Ray can do it.
First sayin "Yes, Mules are fine" and now Punish them for this...
(06-14-2015, 12:23 AM)Lightshard Wrote: I dont think that will happen, many Player play there Duo Accounts since the start of the Game. They never Team Up with sb else.
This is an MMO game. Not a single-player online game. If they don't team up with others, that's to their own disadvantage.

Quote:So they wont be able to Progress anymore, until they find someone else or join a Guild, but they might dont whant that...
See above. Now that there is a substantial player base, people should have little to no problems finding Guilds or parties.

Quote:I dont think Ray can do it.

First sayin "Yes, Mules are fine" and now Punish them for this...
Removing mules is hardly a punishment. It's more like removing the cheap boost people were using when player counts were low. Now that player counts are significantly higher, mules are not necessary for partying, and they shouldn't be used to artificially boost Guilds' resources.
I dont disagree with the things you say, but as i mention before, Ray alloud to do so, i dont think he can/should change this out of nowhere...

I think a better Sulution will be to make it Impossible to Create Mining Accounts for a Guild.

Like: When the Leader/Creater have 10k IOU only Member with +/- 30% of this Score can join the Guild.
Sure that still will allow Small Player/Guilds or new Player/Guilds to boost them self up...

I think the right way will be Making Guild Restrictions, not turn the Things Ray told us, we can do, around and start punishing it...
i played duo accounts since the game start but still join party when the 3-4 pep party function release so it just normal . 2nd is Clone account , if u have TONS of TIME TO WASTED then do it :v not everyone capable of playing 2-3+ accounts at a time so i dont think punishment is require
I agree with Lightshard.. some sort of restriction on guild joining is the way to go.  I don't think removing people's donations would work.. what would happen.. would building levels fall away?   would the guild have a negative balance?  Then people could hold their guild hostage for stuff quite easily... and people who stay in a guild could get screwed pretty easily.   

A score % would work, but it'd probably be easier to make it a level minimum, or a score minimum.  I've been here a week (8 days to be exact) and have about 2500 IOU.. how about that for a minimum to join a guild.. that's a signifigant amount of playing, but not so much as to hurt the guild process, I'd think.   It could even be lower (more like 1000 or 1500) and that would probably be enough.

if people are willing to put x amount of time into a mule account just to get a bit more stone, fine with me.   CrimsonKing may disagree, but people don't generally maintain multi accounts in this sort of game, in my experience, it's just too much effort for one little idle game.
(06-14-2015, 01:21 AM)Wildfire2099 Wrote: I agree with Lightshard.. some sort of restriction on guild joining is the way to go.  I don't think removing people's donations would work.. what would happen.. would building levels fall away?   would the guild have a negative balance?  Then people could hold their guild hostage for stuff quite easily... and people who stay in a guild could get screwed pretty easily.   

A score % would work, but it'd probably be easier to make it a level minimum, or a score minimum.  I've been here a week (8 days to be exact) and have about 2500 IOU.. how about that for a minimum to join a guild.. that's a signifigant amount of playing, but not so much as to hurt the guild process, I'd think.   It could even be lower (more like 1000 or 1500) and that would probably be enough.

if people are willing to put x amount of time into a mule account just to get a bit more stone, fine with me.   CrimsonKing may disagree, but people don't generally maintain multi accounts in this sort of game, in my experience, it's just too much effort for one little idle game.

Well, lol I made 2 mule accounts, I'll see if I end up quitting them or not. Already at 350 IOU, getting to 1500 IOU, when you know what you're doing in the game is much, easier and faster than playing through the first time. Accompanied with how Ray has made the game easier than when some of us first played, the req if it's that low isn't hard to obtain.

It isn't to say I dislike the idea of using people to get ahead. In life, I do it often but as far as this community goes, I try to be a nicer person. I'm fine with it staying the way it is currently, more stone for those willing to play dual accounts isn't a bad thing per se. Clicking 25-50-75 times every 2 hours...isn't something I consider to be any effort at all but as I said, to each their own.

Not sure what people could hold their guild hostage for but lol. Ray has said so far that he doesn't see a problem with the situation, so if he doesn't and he's the sole dev no point in trying to argue it. That's why I made more accounts. Easy solution to what I saw as a problem. If everyone wants to make more accounts to better their guild and are willing to put the 'time' in, more power to them.
Wow, a lot of posts on this one lol.

There's a good reason why multiple accounts is not against the rules...because ANYONE can do it if it's allowed.

If it's against the rules, only people with the knowledge of proxies/vpns are going to be able to do it, and that creates the actual unfair advantage, because it's IMPOSSIBLE to prevent (Different ips, locations, etc). I personally think any game that tries to prevent this is beyond silly, because it doesn't work and encourages people to get really dirty about it. Look at some of the most popular MMORPG games in the world, World of Warcraft/Diablo.....with hundreds or thousands of employees, they still can't manage to prevent people from running full party bots, even though they are retail games.

Not to mention the effort involved in running multiple accounts....or the cpu hogging lol.
(06-14-2015, 03:42 AM)Ray Wrote: [Literally everything]

[Image: That_really_rustled_my_jimmies.jpg]
I totally agree with the sentiments expressed throughout this thread.

But the reality of it is exactly what Ray's last post described. There isn't an elegant solution to solve the issue, even though many of us wish there were one. Trying to punish the abusers will only serve to punish the non-abusers (as abusers will use alternate means to abuse, while the non-abusers won't).

However, I do believe that there are ways to mitigate the advantages of a drone mining army without harming the casual or non-abusing players.

There are also ways to lessen the potential misuse of guild members, but I believe that any restrictions placed on guilds' or guild members' free will probably be received as unnecessary punishment by the majority.

For now, I'm compiling my suggestions for these issues (and others) for a later date because Ray is already up to his eyeballs in work and also because I want to see how the next few updates look before refining and offering my suggestions, as future updates might resolve most of the current issues naturally.

If you want to run mining drones for your guild, there is nothing against the rules about doing so. If a guild were to require that as contingent to being accepted, that might be a grey area, however.

Rock on.
Yeah, finally sb said it.
Face the Truth.

The Truth is, you cant find all "mule" users, even a PC Noob can use google about VPN and other stuff, as Ray allready Mention above.

The only Way, is a Restriction in some Way to Guilds.

But we need to make it with care.
AS Analog Mention allready, it shouldnt be a Punishment for the "normal" Players/Guild.
But the Restriction need to be "Hard" enough to not find a easy Way around.

TBH, there will be ALLWAYS a way around it, that should be clear to everyone.
There is no Way to make Something in Games 100% Secure. Its not possible.

What about a "easy" Way against Mining Mules that dont Hurt anyone?

Like:
-Mining is only avaible from the 1st Ascend onwards.
-Mining will be way worse then it is now (the outcome) but improves with Level of the Player.
-at Level 100 (just a example) Mining will give as many Stones at it currently give.

-It wont Hurt "New" Player, cuze New Player dont need a 500 Man Guild, 10 is enough. And the Actual % increases from GXP arent good in early Levels. They get better as higher you come in the Game.
-Makes Mining Mules useless because, you dont get many Stones until you hit Ascend 1 + Still after Ascend 1 its not worth the Time until you hit the Level 100.

--The Numbers are just what crossed my Mind--

What you think about such a Restriction?

Light