Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party Card Drop Mechanics
Howdy.

I have a small question. How do card drops work in parties? Is it like:

Option 1: A card drops. This drop is assigned to one of the players in the party randomly

Option 2: Everybody gets their own card drops as if they were playing solo.

Thanks!
Hey Zebezian,

It works like #2. Everything in the game, even experience, is individually calculated for players.
Pretty sure it works like #2.

Since each person has a card drop rate based on their ascension tier:

i.e.
Unascended: 1 / 2500
1st Ascension: 1 / 1500
2nd Ascension: 1 / 750
Inferno: 1 / 500

Working it as option #1 would be needlessly complicated as the monster's drop rate would have to be multiplied by the number of party members and then another random check made to see who gets the card. At which point it really wouldn't matter because all you would be seeing is cards received at the aforementioned drop rates.
(06-03-2015, 11:14 AM)Ray Wrote: Hey Zebezian,

It works like #2. Everything in the game, even experience, is individually calculated for players.
Great. Thank you. Looks like I'll be partying up to farm cards.

(06-03-2015, 11:15 AM)Huggz Wrote: Pretty sure it works like #2.  

Since each person has a card drop rate based on their ascension tier:

i.e.
Unascended: 1 / 2500
1st Ascension: 1 / 1500
2nd Ascension: 1 / 750
Inferno: 1 / 500

Working it as option #1 would be needlessly complicated as the monster's drop rate would have to be multiplied by the number of party members and then another random check made to see who gets the card.  At which point it really wouldn't matter because all you would be seeing is cards received at the aforementioned drop rates.
I thought you couldn't party up with people in different ascensions? No need for multiplication or any fancy pantsy hooplah. Either way, Ray answered my question.