Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Dev Diary 3 :: 2015 :: January
Have had a few delays on Yahoo (Taxes, promotional assets, etc). If I don't get things rolling by Monday January 19th, i'll be releasing the new patch by then anyways.
The big update is out! I said the 19th but i'd like to squash any potential issues before then.

On that note, Please provide feedback (What you love, what you hate, what you want). This is the best time to have your voice heard!
Fixed a bug not allowing players to progress to the next planet in some occasions. Should be good to go now.
Have begun the application process for the Facebook App Center. Could easily become a month long ordeal, but things are certainly moving along.
Some really crappy news on my behalf. Yahoo decided IOU was suddenly not 'Part of their demographic audience' after spending a couple weeks implementing their api, setting up assets and registering EIN number with the United States IRS. Very unfortunate crappy news indeed as this was going to be the starting audience for testing the waters and getting a good amount of general feedback.

That being said, i've published on Facebook already and have already started testing the game on an Android tablet - while it won't run well at all on older devices, a budget (~$60) tablet I tested on ran INCREDIBLY well. Not a single hitch, coin collecting, battles, touch reaction, everything; all ran well. This is also without optimizations.

What this means is that new features will be delayed a short duration while I begin working out other ways to publicize the game and slowly start to prepare the mobile version for February/March, and that you won't have the expected competition and player-base for a while longer. Sorry! Not what I expected either Sad
Alright, so I certainly didn't expect the mass traffic from Facebook so quickly!

The need for updated content over publishing has grown significantly and development sometimes requires going with the flow, so i'll be holding off on the mobile version for a bit while I start pumping out further updates.

I have some fixes, balance changes and some great new additions coming with the next couple patches that should certainly enhance the game experience.
Hashing out a new chat system, so we can get rid of the crappy Chatzy chat and have something built into the game.

Unfortunately i'm unable to make the game wider without creating problems for players on certain mediums where the resolution would create a cutoff, so when the chat is open, it will actually 'squeeze' the battle window...and while it won't look the prettiest, it will definitely make chatting a lot more smooth while also not overlapping anything within the battle.

There will not be global chat, but there will be regional chat and you will be able to select rooms. The chat will carry a maximum of 40 people, and we will probably have about 40-50 rooms prepared in case further public releases get a bit out of hand.
Trophy Upgrades all set! This next patch will be a great addition to the game, and my todo for priority features is closing in nicely. I think we just might be ready to jump out of Beta status completely by February, where the development can begin aiming at Guilds and the Challenge system.
Some major updates coming hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

On a side note, February is coming up real quick. I'll be trying to squeeze in a 'SuperBall' (yes, not SuperBowl) event, but because of everything already in the works, no promises. I have assets ready, but there's a lack of a few systems I would have preferred to have in place before doing this event.
Don't believe i'll be making it for the SuperBall event. Maybe I can tie it to another event in the future.

Things have progressed quite nicely with development, but most of the features brought forward were somewhat prepared to begin with. I suspect we will see one more patch this month. That leaves very little left on my priority todo list of features before we escape Beta.

In February and further on, we should have quite a bit more coming. This game has only been out with minor publicity and full development for a couple weeks and already so much has grown. That being said, obviously content cannot only last 1-2 months, nor can it take 5 years and remain fun if it takes a month to get from one zone to the next. So my intentions for upcoming features are:

1. Finalize beta features - Still can't believe they are almost done! What's left: (1-2 weeks)
  • Ascension Upgrades
  • Password enabled parties (friends only!)
  • Guild invitations 
  • Bug fixes/balancing
  • Trophy Cap 30

2. Prepare further content and caps. It will be a while before another major content update after this to allow for #3 & #4 (2 weeks)
  • 2nd Ascension
  • 2 New Worlds (accessible after 2nd ascension)
  • Level 100 cap - this will be the cap for a while as balances are reconfigured.
  • New ability upgrades (effects on existing abilities)
3. New Distracting Gameplay Systems to break the grind of regular hunting play: (~)
  • Challenge System  (1-2 weeks)
  • Guild Expansion  (2 weeks)
  • Pet Arena (With Pet Point upgrade systems)  (2 weeks)
  • New Tradeskill(s) [Mining, Fishing, Farming, Crafting]  (1-2 weeks each)
  • Holiday Event System  (1 week)
  • Inferno Mode  (1-2 weeks)
  • World Battle Events  (1-2 weeks)
  • Player Inspection (1-2 weeks)

4. Publications: (~)
  • Android Release
  • iOS Release
  • Other online portals
I'll be focusing on #3 and #4 in between. There is an incredible workload ahead for me, and this isn't the only project I have going so it will be an intense few months...But I am extremely excited about the development of this game and can't wait to really push all of this out there.

There's more beyond this planned but this is a hell of a list to work towards in the meantime  Smile