Poll: What do you think to the idea (comments appreciated)?
Great!
Good.
OK....
Bad.
Terrible!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interactive Pet Training
Just thought of this idea from Duck Hunt, a free web game some of you may have heard of where you train ducks for races (hope this doesn't count as advertising, just explaining where the idea comes from).

Basically, the idea is to make pet training more interactive. For example, the game could generate a random maze, and depending on how quickly you navigate your pet through it (with arrow keys or WASD), you gain extra training progress, or if you do it too slowly, you get less training progress. Other things could be a reaction speed test (faster reactions - more training progress), or a clicking speed test. I tried to think of things that are slightly different to Duck Hunt, so it wouldn't just be a ripoff of Duck Hunt. What do you guys think?
I like the extra and not like the less :3
Unfortunately things like this are more for single player games - otherwise exploitable in an online environment. Things like reaction time and finds can be manipulated with packet injection / client hacking.
Awesome Idea a+++ Big Grin
I like the idea of an "Interactive Pet Training", but if the duck-hunting idea can't be made... maybe this idea could be made instead?

in addition for the training / caring for the pet(s), there could be something like
petting your pet
cleaning your pet
feeding it with different type of food
choosing different type of drinks

or let it play with different type of toys, e.g.
(if the pet could evolve into a dog) let it play with different type of balls
(if the pet can evolve into a cat) let it play with colors of ball of wool
(if the pet evolved into a rabbit/bunny) let it play with a squeaking-toy, e.g. a carrot

maybe there could be also some audio in addition with these visual animations?
e.g. for "petting the pet", there could be a curling snake, a wing-waving bat,
a smiling rabbit/bunny (no sound?), a meowing cat, a barking dog, etc.

the visual-content of these things of the suggestions could change the mouse-pointer...
"petting your pet" could be an animated human-hand (fingers to elbow)
"cleaning your pet" could be a sponge, a brush, a comb, etc.
"different types of food" could include a piece of meat for the snake, bugs for the bat,
a carrot for the rabbit/bunny, a mouse-shaped toy for the cat, a bone-shaped toy for the dog, etc.

the drinks could include a (e.g. silver-colored) bowl of fluids like "water" (color: blue) or "milk" (color: white), etc.

I was just trying to explain my suggestion with closer details, so maybe the imagination of these things could be made better?

there could be also other types / colors of items, other features in addition or instad of those...
but I just thought suggesting some of them, which I tought, they could look nice, if they could be available in-game for the "pet training".
(04-12-2015, 05:47 PM)xXtheoXx Wrote: I like the idea of an "Interactive Pet Training", but if the duck-hunting idea can't be made... maybe this idea could be made instead?

in addition for the training / caring for the pet(s), there could be something like
petting your pet
cleaning your pet
feeding it with different type of food
choosing different type of drinks

or let it play with different type of toys, e.g.
(if the pet could evolve into a dog) let it play with different type of balls
(if the pet can evolve into a cat) let it play with colors of ball of wool
(if the pet evolved into a rabbit/bunny) let it play with a squeaking-toy, e.g. a carrot

maybe there could be also some audio in addition with these visual animations?
e.g. for "petting the pet", there could be a curling snake, a wing-waving bat,
a smiling rabbit/bunny (no sound?), a meowing cat, a barking dog, etc.

the visual-content of these things of the suggestions could change the mouse-pointer...
"petting your pet" could be an animated human-hand (fingers to elbow)
"cleaning your pet" could be a sponge, a brush, a comb, etc.
"different types of food" could include a piece of meat for the snake, bugs for the bat,
a carrot for the rabbit/bunny, a mouse-shaped toy for the cat, a bone-shaped toy for the dog, etc.

the drinks could include a (e.g. silver-colored) bowl of fluids like "water" (color: blue) or "milk" (color: white), etc.

I was just trying to explain my suggestion with closer details, so maybe the imagination of these things could be made better?

there could be also other types / colors of items, other features in addition or instad of those...
but I just thought suggesting some of them, which I tought, they could look nice, if they could be available in-game for the "pet training".

Thanks for expanding my idea Theo, as my original post was more of a spur of the moment thing, and it only took about 10 minutes to write. Your description makes it sound a lot more interesting and detailed than mine!
Cool
Guys the main game is not finished yet and u guys want a mini game for pet first :3 greedy
(04-12-2015, 10:37 PM)WhiteK Wrote: Guys the main game is not finished yet and u guys want a mini game for pet first :3 greedy

As I understand it that is not the point of this suggestion board, the point is just to suggest things that would be a good idea to be added at some point, regardless of whether they would be implemented now, in a few days or weeks, or more like months or years away. I understand that this is not something that would be a priority at this stage, but in a month or so when the Inferno system is up and running, more of these ideas will become relevant.