Poll: What do you think?
Good idea
OK idea
Bad idea
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Auto-advance
Got another suggestion here, an auto-advance similar to the decrease in levels if you fail to kill a monster. It is often annoying when someone lower-level goes into a party with you whilst you are offline (which I don't mind, as I enjoy helping out lower level players), but there really needs to be the ability to advance back up in level after killing a monster at a given level. To prevent it going up just because of a very rare kill, perhaps if you kill 3-5 in a row you advance one level?

EDIT: read my second post in this thread for revised suggestion.
I liked the boss idea, but this one... no, sorry.

Some people spend a lot of time calculating what's the optimal zone to idle, the creature that will give you more gold or XP, or a balanced amount of both. With auto advancing, this is impossible, since the game will basically play itself. Remember that you will not want to fight at the max possible, unless you are advancing in the zones or have another good reason to do this.
Auto decrease is good because if you lose to a monster, you will only waste time fighting him again. No XP, no money, only time wasted. So, 'escaping' only helps the player. Auto advancing don't, except in few cases.

Also imagine that you are a player that, at one point, is still unable to win, let's say, monster #17. You decreases. Defeats 5 times #16, advances again to 17. Loses, decreases. Win #16 again, advances, retreat, advances, etc, for three hours or more. You are only wasting time trying to advance automatically, do you see?

Of course, a way to uncheck this option would solve this, but... The game would become too Idle playing itself, and I'm unsure if Ray or other players would want this. But maybe I'm exaggerating in this case, of course.
(04-06-2015, 05:56 AM)LuizPedro Wrote: I liked the boss idea, but this one... no, sorry.

Some people spend a lot of time calculating what's the optimal zone to idle, the creature that will give you more gold or XP, or a balanced amount of both. With auto advancing, this is impossible, since the game will basically play itself. Remember that you will not want to fight at the max possible, unless you are advancing in the zones or have another good reason to do this.
Auto decrease is good because if you lose to a monster, you will only waste time fighting him again. No XP, no money, only time wasted. So, 'escaping' only helps the player. Auto advancing don't, except in few cases.

Also imagine that you are a player that, at one point, is still unable to win, let's say, monster #17. You decreases. Defeats 5 times #16, advances again to 17. Loses, decreases. Win #16 again, advances, retreat, advances, etc, for three hours or more. You are only wasting time trying to advance automatically, do you see?

Of course, a way to uncheck this option would solve this, but... The game would become too Idle playing itself, and I'm unsure if Ray or other players would want this. But maybe I'm exaggerating in this case, of course.
Ok then, just had a different idea, that basically accomplishes the same thing. You can set an auto-return level, which if you are not in a party, you will automatically return to. This would solve the problems which you mentioned. To prevent new players accidentally setting it too high, setting it to a level which requires more than 100% of your average DPS to defeat will have a warning message associated with it.

Also just to make it clear, I am not at all bothered with people disagreeing with me, as it helps us all come up with better ideas. Smile
(04-06-2015, 06:29 AM)universal123 Wrote: Ok then, just had a different idea, that basically accomplishes the same thing. You can set an auto-return level, which if you are not in a party, you will automatically return to. This would solve the problems which you mentioned. To prevent new players accidentally setting it too high, setting it to a level which requires more than 100% of your average DPS to defeat will have a warning message associated with it.

Also just to make it clear, I am not at all bothered with people disagreeing with me, as it helps us all come up with better ideas. Smile

Smile It's good to hear this. We never know how the person at the other side of the screen will react to an 'I disagree' !

Well, this idea is much more interesting. It would help not only people who enter parties and see themselves alone fighting the Garden Snake hours later, but also in cases of disconnecting, queue challenges or anything like this. An 'return point' or 'respawn point' would be very interesting...

But I'm unsure on how it would works in parties... If 2 people have conflicting settings? Get the lowest? If one wants a respawn and another don't? Maybe an setting to when you are alone and another when you are in a party? I don't know.

Also, if I'm a lower level player leeching on a higher level, and want to manually advance? The game would return to a lowest zone after each fight, making me throw the computer out of the window in rage? Big Grin Maybe if it only increases the level, and never decreases it's solved, or not? (sincere question).

Forget it, realized "if you are not in a party". Sorry by that.

In the case of new players, my approach would be let them make wrong decisions, and if they lose on a 'return point', the game would just decreases the level like it always do, ignoring the setting from then on. Another simple check would be only let a return point on a cleared World, and never on a boss, that I see as simple to do programmatically. Of course, it's up to Ray, if he decides to do this!
(04-06-2015, 07:23 AM)LuizPedro Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 06:29 AM)universal123 Wrote: Ok then, just had a different idea, that basically accomplishes the same thing. You can set an auto-return level, which if you are not in a party, you will automatically return to. This would solve the problems which you mentioned. To prevent new players accidentally setting it too high, setting it to a level which requires more than 100% of your average DPS to defeat will have a warning message associated with it.

Smile It's good to hear this. We never know how the person at the other side of the screen will react to an 'I disagree' !

Well, this idea is much more interesting. It would help not only people who enter parties and see themselves alone fighting the Garden Snake hours later, but also in cases of disconnecting, queue challenges or anything like this. An 'return point' or 'respawn point' would be very interesting...

But I'm unsure on how it would works in parties... If 2 people have conflicting settings? Get the lowest? If one wants a respawn and another don't? Maybe an setting to when you are alone and another when you are in a party? I don't know.

Also, if I'm a lower level player leeching on a higher level, and want to manually advance? The game would return to a lowest zone after each fight, making me throw the computer out of the window in rage? Big Grin Maybe if it only increases the level, and never decreases it's solved, or not? (sincere question).

Forget it, realized "if you are not in a party". Sorry by that.

In the case of new players, my approach would be let them make wrong decisions, and if they lose on a 'return point', the game would just decreases the level like it always do, ignoring the setting from then on. Another simple check would be only let a return point on a cleared World, and never on a boss, that I see as simple to do programmatically. Of course, it's up to Ray, if he decides to do this!

Yeah, too many people react to a disagreement over the internet by taking it personally and getting really defensive. It just makes me think to myself: "Is that how you react in real life? If so, I never want to meet you."

And yeah, it's amazing the number of good suggestions we have come up with which have already been implemented by Ray. So props to you, props to all the other people who have come up with and commented on the suggestions that have been made, and above all props to Ray for making such an amazing game, which is only getting more amazing with every update!
i think allowing us to use the settings tab to put in a return to level would be good
I like the return to level idea as well.