Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scheduled Maintenance Times
In as much as I love checking my computer to see that my party is gone and that a maintenance is up. I'd be great, if they were scheduled at certain days or even at certain times during a day. In that way, people can maybe be around their computer to know when they'd need to relog or look for a lost party member.

I understand there are bug ones as well that need to be solved immediately but do they really? People who abuses glitches get banned. So they don't actually need to be resolved at random times. They can be set at a set time, and those that abuse it, should get banned. We all know the rules of this game; if it's too good to be true it's a bug.

Share your thoughts on if you agree, disagree or if this subject is of no concern to you.
I understand there are bug ones as well that need to be solved immediately but do they really? People who abuses glitches get banned. 

Yes, however waiting a day or two to resolve an immediate issue unfortunately would leave 10x more legwork on my behalf, leaving patches / updates far behind.

When updates are less imminent and the game isn't in an over-time mode of constant development, I would definitely like to give you guys a much better notice...especially when it comes to releasing on additional mediums.
on updates i like the current system of notice. i dont see disadvantages and when they are big updates ray warns with time.
Also, to give an idea what I mean by over-time mode of constant development. Within 30 minutes after a patch, when issues appear to have settled down, i'm instantly back at development working on the next patch.

I tend to have to limit the development while waiting to release a patch during a more popular timezone (during the afternoon usually), wait to release the patch when it seems like an approachable time of day when most are active. During this time I cannot make changes to the client or server without potentially breaking or having to backtrack development in the meantime.

I will try to give a better advance on major update downtime though.
(04-02-2015, 03:16 AM)Ray Wrote: Also, to give an idea what I mean by over-time mode of constant development. Within 30 minutes after a patch, when issues appear to have settled down, i'm instantly back at development working on the next patch.

I tend to have to limit the development while waiting to release a patch during a more popular timezone (during the afternoon usually), wait to release the patch when it seems like an approachable time of day when most are active. During this time I cannot make changes to the client or server without potentially breaking or having to backtrack development in the meantime.

I will try to give a better advance on major update downtime though.

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply and explanation.