Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random drops
good idea :=)
Hey guys, 

So I've been pondering about an implementation to this and how it can tie into the upcoming infinite end-game adventure system - Inferno Mode....here are my thoughts:

Damage is the primary stat that can increase infinitely, unlike things like speed, or 'chances', so this is what I would focus on for rewards. 
  • Every single creature would have their own card (That will total to 170 different cards!)
  • Card drop chances would be based on the tier of the creature
  • Collection Booklet showing your collection of every single card (of every creature in the game adventure-wise)
  • Milestones reached for each card (10,25,50,100,250,500,1000,2500,5000,10000,25000,50000,100000,etc)
  • Each milestone would increase your base damage
  • Each consecutive milestone would give a higher base damage increase
  • Later on, we can have additional random & rare cards, like 'Gold' cards, or 'Diamond' cards,  or 'AP' cards, etc, which could be traded in the shop for....gold, diamonds,ap, etc.
  • Card drop chances would be significantly low to start. 
  • ---Unascended drop rate would probably be something like 1 in 200
  • ---First ascension drop rate would probably be something like 1 in 100
  • ---Second ascension drop rate would probably be something like 1 in 50
  • ---Each Inferno tier would increase the amount of cards that could be dropped (tier 1 = 1 to 2 cards, tier 20 = 1 to 21 cards)
    • Collectible count would probably be capped at something like 1 billion, which should be virtually impossible to ever achieve, leaving an incredible amount of milestones for every single creature - every card collected would be working towards a milestone regardless.

Quick note on how this would tie into Inferno Mode, which will come after completing the final planet...
  • 1000 Tiers of difficulty modes. Each significantly more difficult. It will be a while before anyone even gets beyond the 10th tier - just to give an idea how 'infinite' this is.
+1 hope this card will come with the next update :v
That sounds really really awesome!

I'm very much looking forward to this. And it sounds like there are still many many ways of variations to this that can be included as the game develops Smile
(04-08-2015, 08:19 PM)WhiteK Wrote: +1 hope this card will come with the next update :v

Unfortunately / Definitely not. The next update should be within 24-48 hours but will only just include the final planet with 45 new creatures, a level cap increase, and some under the hood changes for future events. The inferno system will be first and foremost thereafter.

Admittedly i'm running about 4-5 days behind my intended schedule, but hope to catch up a bit around mid month with the new update.
It okay dont waste too much of ur strength Ray , get a day off or go somewhere * not for too long :v * so u can get better then focus on the update , no one will complain anything * i hope * :3
The card feature would be amazing!

Any chance in the future (not necessarily as soon as cards are added to the game) to have them be used to play card games other than just serving a "collection" purpose?

Personally I'm a big fan of Triple Triad, a card game first born on Final Fantasy series but later seen in other games as well (I also saw a Facebook game using that mechanism just recently). Its rules can vary, but the basic concept is really simple and yet fun and challenging, because strategy plays a big role in it and even a player with a weaker deck can win against stronger cards with the right choices (luck also helps sometimes, but not as much).

I suppose coding a game like that would take some time, but even a very basic version with no fancy additional rules would be pretty entertaining. Then maybe all cards value could be automatically generated each time a new kind of monster is added to IOU, and the numbers on the card would depend on the strength of said monster (for example a weak snake would have a card with its four values being something like 1/4/1/2).

I'm just throwing this here, but I know you already have lots of awesome features in the making and I don't want you to be trapped under a huge pile of code Big Grin
Slow down tiger this game is not fully complete and u want a mini card game in it !? I dont think it a good idea right now :v
the card system sounds good
I like the card system as well. Might encourage some stronger players to pair up with weaker ones, to get the cards from lower mobs...or not lol. Any additional damage is always a welcoming idea to myself.

Gj Ray, keep up the good work and the ideas to make your players happy.