Poll: After Ascension would you like the monsters to start at level 1?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ascension rant lol
You know in most other games when you ascend you feel stronger. In this game, after I ascend I feel weaker. Obviously, my character gets stronger but Idk lol, I guess so does the initial monsters you fight. You have the option to not ascend and just kill lower level monsters, at that point you feel stronger but there it is, ascension, beckoning at you to do it. So you do it right, and then, well you use your points thinking you're going to whoop butt...but no. You are now barely struggling to kill the first mobs on the first planet.

All the points you thought you were going to get to use on other skills, you now have to pump it into auto dmg to even kill an initial mob. Duo'ing is okay but solo, forget it. Maybe there's hope though, maybe now you can get further in the challenges and then come out on top. You try, fight hard, hit a 8,248 on splat damage sweeet, new high dmg trophy. But wait...the monster isn't even scratched. Fail. So no more damage for completing a challenge, not that 5 or so more damage would help you out of your current predicament anyway but at least in your mind you had hoped.

Time to leave your computer on for another month, slowly build up that gold and hope to level some more. One day far ahead in the distant future, you know that with enough patience and idling away, your character will become strong enough to tear through monsters...reminding yourself though, not to fall for the all alluring ascension. That green little cloud of trickery, staring you down every time you play. Calling out to you to ascend once more and to repeat the process.

lol story time aside. I think the difference with this game is at least, is that when you prestige, you don't start back at level one. You start back at a progressively harder level...and then you're stuck there. So there's never that feeling of having complete domination over the monsters. Oh I ascended but I guess so did the monsters?!? Some people like to farm on lower levels that they can crush...feel like they've accomplished something ( yes even on an idle game) but in this game you can't. You prestige in this game you better believe your backside that you have the guns to back up your choice. If you don't your progression in gold and levelling up, is about to take a staggering hit.

I know Ray has plans in the future for ways to get more prestige points but imo anyway, a lot of people may not stick around long enough to get to that point when the game slows down. Or when you screw yourself and don't have the option to unscrew.

I guess what I'm suggesting or asking for is the ability to train on mobs level that we choose. Not have a set starting point per ascension. How do you feel about this?
Have to agree , Ascend is good but the mob is killing pep "enjoyment rate" hopefully Ray will find a better way to reduce the de-effect of ascend
lol, my buddy dc'd and now I'm alone. I can't solo the first mob 50% of the time with idling. Doing 600 damage per hit, spent all my prestige points in auto dmg. I'm officially screwed, unless I'm in a party. Hopefully the random person I joined doesn't kick me.
this is why i played with my side account :3 to guarantee 100% past the 1st mob after ascend :3 *i think u should play 2nd account , it a good strategy , yes? *
lol Yeah. A lil too late now though to make a 2nd account. Guess before I ascended I should of tried solo'ing lvl 115 by myself, instead of doing it in a party. Oh well, guess hindsight is 20/20.
I don't man. I didn't have that problem, but I also play with a very active guild and we help each other out.
not everyone have a 2nd ascend active member dude , sometimes u just have to think before u ascend :3 *or always is better*
(03-10-2015, 07:22 PM)cloudsalot Wrote: I don't man. I didn't have that problem, but I also play with a very active guild and we help each other out.

Besides having an active guild and such, curious as if to you bought diamonds? Or did you have what it took without the added help to deal with the monsters after the ascension? Thanks.