Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Dev Diary 5 :: 2015 :: March
As usual, getting ahead of myself on feature development...I slightly missed the deadline for St Patricks Day. To make up for it i'll be releasing a st patricks lucky charms code for all after the patch sometime. I think after this patch, i'll be slowing feature development to ensure an Easter Event is prepared for the game prior to any other commitments.

This patch will bring the level cap, challenge point milestone bonuses, and a few other cap increases along with rested time fixes.
After this last patch, just gathering information on current issues and setting up an action plan for the next patch.

I'll be working out the Easter Event soon enough - with the intention of making it more than a 'rate boost'!
A quick emergency server patch today in hopes to resolve a lingering issue
Slowly getting the new event system out in preparations of the Easter Event.

Without going into much detail, one aspect you can expect is similar to the challenge point milestone system, but with EP (Event Points)....yet another currency.

EP will probably only be possible to get during special events, however, i'll slowly be working to ensure there is 1 event per month after the roadmap is completed. Major holidays will all likely get their event before then, but by next year, every single month should have an event week.

I'll also be including a limited event pack in the shop since i've had several people bugging about additional packs.
The event is coming along, as are some great new damage boosting balance changes/additions.

I have some great updates planned after this as well, and i'm hoping by May that guild features will finally be able to become the primary focus.
Very long days of development here working on the new event system and some other things.

I have just worked out the new Event Challenge into the challenge system....one that had to work alongside the existing challenge system, but not interfere with it. This made things quite hectic as it required changing the way most of the system worked to allow for alternative system integration and rewards (Event Points).

That being said...This challenge offers an interesting new mode that i'm sure users will enjoy tackling. CANDY RUSH mode. Auto & Click delays reduced so much that you'll feel like you're cheating for this slightly more entertaining challenge Smile

A little bit of fun info for this patch:
  • There are 12 Hidden Easter eggs you have to find in the game. Can you find all twelve? 
  • There are 9 Secret event point rewards earned by killing a specific creature on each planet...(Better get ascended and unlock as many planets as possible!)
  • There are 5x3 (15 more) challenge mode/difficulty combinations for earning additional event points.
  • There's a new Event Milestone system in the character window to increase your XP, Gold and Damage rates.
  • This event is being hardcoded for next year. It's 1 of 12 official yearly events.
  • Theres a new limited holiday pack for those who keep bugging me about more packs :-p Maximum of 2 can be purchased during the event. As much as I need support, I want everyone to enjoy this game and the competitive portions need to all be obtainable without pay2win
  • 50 Bonus damage for being level 100+?!
  • New damage bonus per level after 100? Nice!
  • Milestones to be converted to static base damage amounts, significantly more than the previous base damage % increases? Awesome.
  • Higher client framerate for a cleaner feel
  • Easter Pack Code
  • New 'Random Bonus' Code system...will be improved over time
I'm hoping to get a few more things done before the release as well. Keep being patient Smile
Worked out more fixes to the instance conflict system. Caught a couple of stragglers and exploit fixes. Some users have been incredible in reporting some nasty bugs and not taking advantage of them - thank you for that!

As for the Easter Patch, it seems there's a little bit of excitement for this update. I don't want to get any major hopes up since once the event portion is complete, there's no much else 'extra' to do. So to add an extra little treat, i've finally included (drum roll...)

Challenge Password & Minimum Level settings

This patch might go live before Sunday...we shall see!
Apologies if you're having issues. Our hoster (Yahoo Games Network) appears to be having another DDoS attack from China [again] on the servers. Working with them to get things resolved. Sad
Alright! After some chaos after the huge update it's finally settling down...thank you for your patience on that.

So, what's next?!

1. I'd like to look at a standalone client. The ability to just play from your desktop (non-facebook users)
2. Final Planet & New Game Mode
3. A new challenge or two

Regarding number 2 - there will likely not be a 3rd ascension to access the final planet. Instead, after completing the final planet, a new difficulty mode will be available.
Working on the final planet currently (More creatures than any other planet, by far)....I expect the next big update will be between April 10-14th. While that may seem like a ways away, it will also be introducing the final planet in the game, and probably the end-game mode that brings infinite replay value.