Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diminishing Upgrade Returns
Just wondering if it would be possible to alter the return you get on upgrades. I can understand the diminishing returns to avoid things getting out of hand, but the amount you gain for each upgrade becomes so tiny apart from base damage. I'll give an example.

My click double attack level is 19, which provides a 19.5% boost to overall double attack chance. 10% of this came in the first 5 levels, another 5% in the next 5, and then 4.5% from the next 9.

My auto double attack level is 27, which provides a 22.6% boost to overall double attack chance. 10% of this came in the first 5 levels, another 5% in the next 5, 7.5% from the next 15 and then just 0.1% from the next 2 levels. In order to double my double attack chance, I would need to add (ignoring further diminishing returns) 452 more levels.

The solution to the problem (IMO), would be to start at slightly lower percentages, but reduce it more slowly. For example: 1.5% double attack for the first 10 levels, 1.25% for the next 10, 1% for the 10 after that, then 0.75%, down to a minimum of 0.5%. Applying this to my auto double attack results in this:

15% from the first 10 levels
12.5% from the next 10 levels
7% from the next 7 levels
= 34.5% total double attack chance.
In order to double my double attack chance I would need to add:
3 levels at 1% each = 3%
10 levels at 0.75% each = 7.5%
48 levels at 0.5% each = 24%
= 61 levels total.

I think this would be more reasonable, another 61 levels doesn't seem as ridiculous to try and get. I'd love to hear some feedback on this, and the numbers can be adjusted.

You have the floor.
The issue here is that some people have these upgrades already nearing or possibly even at the current cap (100). This cap could eventually become 1000, as that is what there is support up to based on the rates used in the upgrades currently.

However, after the final ascension and inferno mode, i'll have a better idea what a good solid permanent end-game upgrade level cap will be and can modify most of the upgrades based on that again.