Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answers From Ray - 27/1/2018 -> 21/2/2018
Information 
Not really a question, more of a suggestion... Fast Tracking of diamonds should not be locked at 2h... that makes lower level runs more useful than higher one, it should be a % of the total time... around 40% remaining of original time should be good so that people dont abuse it... just a suggestion
- We can look at it as a QoL feature however it will definitely require a solid review

The missing leaving the guild penalty favours alliances more than standalone and new guilds because it gets abused, creating a bigger gap, however fixing the bug would give a huge advantage to the guilds who have already taken advantage of it (Chaos). Do you have any ideas on how this situation could be remedied? Perhaps some kind of loyalty reward planned which could encourage people to stay loyal to their guilds?
- Guild Quests, proper scoring. It is an issue we will be tackling soon.

So! I know that challenges are going to receive some sort of overhaul/rework/change in the future.
However, this wasn't even listed in the Dev Blog thing that came out recently, making me think this is a LONG ways away.
Is there any harm in adding new tiers of challenges in the meantime so we have something to do?  I don't imagine it'd be too difficult to add platinum/ragestone(or whatever).
The rewards from these challenges are not game breaking in any way(tiny amount of ability points, challenge points, and diamonds), and they encourage people to actually play the game, and give us milestones to aim for and stuff like that so it feels like we're accomplishing things.
TL;DR: More Challenge tiers please! Minimal amount of work, no risk, no harm, a lot of interaction amongst players so we don't get burnt out waiting for new content ^^
- Unfortunately it is a little ways away. I'm not sure adding the new difficulties would be good, as the rehaul may change the future difficulty mechanics

Challenges are more interesting as solo challenges. Consider tripling the rewards, and removing duo/group
- I think I would considering removing duo, but not group as throughout the history of the game it has been a nice social feature at times.

Is it possible to get rid of the overall nuisance of the Pet Level Up on the pet menu? By that, I mean the words that kinda stop you from clicking on anything while its active
- Fixed, next patch.

Would you please give us a hint on the new function of the upcoming building? And getting guild levels is not an answer Tongue
- No! =p

Suggestion, new Global Event, All monsters are turned into octopus tentacles, (treasure spawns are the octopus's head). Event ends when X amount of damage has been done, (challenges count and are where the prizes are) as well as total damage brackets based on level or lineage or support or something... like.. battle the evil octopus! (It could things other than an octopus)
- I'll try considering a new global event for the near future. Not sure it would quite be this but something collective for sure.

Suggestion, pet fasttrack has a slider instead of buttons, allows you to make the jumps with a slide to select how much AP or Free you desire (left is all Free, right is all AP) with a button above to confirm selection
- It's a good idea, one that Unity client should tackle

Can pet fast track rewards be in a click-to-close reward window, like all the others, before the unity overhaul?
- Somewhat related to quesiton above - unfortunately not, sorry Sad

You are awesome and beautiful.
- Who asked this? Are you single? =D

Can we get a "on/off" or "show"button at the bottem of the upgrade pages were you can buy upgrades with AP? (idle/click/mining)
- Please reach out to me and clarify this mechanic if you can.

Give us way to see total fish multicatch % in game Big Grin
- Added to Trello Board. Makes sense.

Can there be more monitoring or structure to the current IOU testing chat? I would like to participate, but when my comments and questions are responded to with trolling and unfriendly responses, I feel my thoughts and opionions are not heard.
- I appreciate all assistance, however if you're asking that I spend more time moderating instead of taking that time to develop, I can only insist that you just mute the trolls as moderating will never appease everyone, but anyone can mute whoever they want and appease themselves.

In testing ray should try to communicate with more of the community that is outside of Chaos, a quick scroll up through multiple channels show ray is primarily talkative when chaos members are talking
- Hi RageKai (kidding). I respond as much as I can and I don't know specifically who is in Chaos, contrary to these silly claims, nor do I care whatsoever....in fact I tend to show frustration with Chaos publicly if some issue arises from the guild's actions or comments. I'm sure most of the people in Chaos were not always in Chaos, but have been around long enough to give great feedback, and just happen to now be in Chaos. Kind of how it works....they certainly don't get special favors or biased love from me; they are the most vocal and angry Guild in IOU with me all the time. Shrug to the accusation...

I think there is a problem with the guild system for new recruits, and we should think about it. Smile
- Again, we will be looking at a solution for this soon.

Need a command that lists commands
Like /cmd cmdlist or /cmd help
-Unlikely, at least in flash.

Can we have a command in console for server time? it gets confusing when we do anything and half of them do not know in which time zone to look for when stuff starts
- Added to Trello

Suggestion
All banked collections (pet training, claims, etc) should be one click to get all claims available.
- Daily Task system...was started long ago but never finished. Eventually, but not very soon. Sorry.

Suggestion
All Banked collections  should bank to 24H worth of progress allowing for once daily checkins. this could be a diamond upgrade, or a p2w upgrade.
- Same part of above mentioned mechanic.

Can we get Gold Logs tiles as new tiles on the match-3 event?
- Next time, yes. I unfortunately never got to it with this last patch, even though it was mentioned. Sad

Can we get auto refresh for mine? Or spend all dynamite button
- Mining may be getting a rehaul soonish. At that point it might not even make sense to do so, or if it does, then might become a possibility.

Put in a Qi symbol, 1000Q looks weird
- We are getting to bigger numbers...I'd rather offer multiple options for systems. This is something I'm working on in the Unity version.

Suggestion: add mine depth to the member window of the guild
- Unlikely. Would make sense for inspection though.

Change wood and stone rewards for energy for next match 3
- Agreed.

How about giving the multi catch orb one more purpose?
Keep the percentage bonus of multi catch the same, but add the same percentage (or some other percentage) as a new bonus to also "catch" fish from the ever growing pool of smaller fish than your auto-fish min rarity setting.
- I don't see this is a mechanic that would get added to the orb. Can certainly bring up discussions for it in testing if you think it's important though.

What is the birthday of IOU?
- January 15, 2015 is when the game came to beta (pre-kongregate). The small userbase grew pretty quickly by March, and obviously sky-rocketed upon the beta-program in Kongregate. I believe we went public on Kongregate on July 14, 2015

Can bingo be fixed at some point to give xp/points to people who sign up but aren't active during the game?
- I thought about this but as I continue to ponder it I don't know if that makes sense to reward non-participators just because they register.

Can you reactivate letting us use crystals for SO exchange?
- That would be a very terrible idea. Extra crystals will have their use.

We need the ding on group challenges for every players join. And also an indicator if they're not on keyboard "green = active, yellow=semi-active, gray = away from keyboard". And also the player who created the challenge who's away for more than 20min or more is out on the lobby.
- That is a lot of work, outside of how simple it sounds. It's possible to be tackled during its rehaul but I can't promise anything on this.

Oh, the only other thing was, any ET on a Guild boost? Not many have hit 200+ but anything coming for those who have, and we are to get a building 'Early 2018'. They tend to say the first 3 months are 'early' so will we be getting it soon?
- Uncertain. We'll be looking at solutions though; whether they are integrated 'soon' is beyond my knowledge right now.

You can post questions and concerns for the next Q & A over here - https://iourpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2547
Community helper
Discord Username: Level#0001