Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Enhancement: Sleeves
New currency, found in quantities equal to half of your card drops, and also 10% of card pack quantities, called Sleeves.

On the individual card milestone screen, a new button:  "Protect It!"  Starting at the first card bonus milestone, you need the same amount of Sleeves as cards for this button to work.  When you successfully Protect a card bonus milestone, you enhance that one milestone by 50%.  So if the milestone was worth 50, it would now be worth 75.  Sleeves are spent when used in this manner but there will still be trophies based on total collected as well as total milestones protected, and highest milestone protected.

In addition, when you're fighting a mob that has protected milestones, each individual milestone for that card's mob increases the gains from that mob.  This means that you may want to plan accordingly with your partymates and decide between farming for card milestones or allowing the protection bonuses to stack up on one particular mob to take advantage of the bonuses.

Those bonuses, for example, could be a slightly upward-trending xp, gold, even HP reducing boost.  So let's say milestone 1 reduces the mob's HP by 0.2%, adds 0.1% XP and 0.2% gold.  The next milestone might be 0.25% additional Hp reduction, 0.15% XP, and 0.3% gold.  As usual, all numbers I use are merely examples and require balance and testing.

Since there aren't that many individual milestones, these bonuses would never get out of hand and even if you join a new party and have to 'start over' in a manner of speaking with a different mob, you won't really be penalized for it.  Meanwhile, you will still be acquiring more and more sleeves and can eventually move onto other mobs anyway!

And of course, you can add in Sleeve Yield ascension, Sleeve Bonus Orbs such as effectiveness and yield, etc etc.  New fun stuff!  Yay!
I like the idea of a buff that makes individual mobs easier, but I think this bonus would be better applied to current cards rather then creating a new currency for them.

Dare I say, even replacing some of the damage boost gained from cards. Since the major discussion on them right now is cards are OP and primary source of damage right now.