Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Bank(deposit only)
I would like to see a Guild Bank in which you invest all your stone. Only leaders and the creator of the guild can take these stones and deposit it into guild buildings. That way you won't have a big mess when new player join or leave a guild. When someone leaves or gets kicked out the amount of stone he had will be taken from the last building that got enhanced. You won't be able to reset stones unless you drop a Guild level (if the player who left is under level 200 you won't get a stone reset[player under level 200 normally don't have much stone, if they do this avoids exploits]). To avoid more exploits the person that left or got kicked out of the guild won't be able to join the same guild in a week,month, never again or a tracking system that counts how often he left and joined the same guild which makes the punishment worse from time to time. (this punishment doesn't apply to player under level 200(under 10million stone) because new player are more likely to switch many guilds and sometimes join the same guild again). When someone leaves a guild he can't create a new guild within a week to avoid exploits. New guilds have a stone cap. First week of creation = 10 million stones, second week = 50 million, third week =  100 million, forth week = 500 million afterwards unlimited (to avoid exploiting)

Every number or time period is tweakable. If this can't be realized on the current platform it might be possible on unity?

Edit:

If someone leaves the guild the amount of stone he invested will be taken from the Guild Bank. At first the Guild Bank gets into a negative amount and every investment that was made will be reversed step by step until the Guild Bank is positive again. (I am not a programmer but I think with a hidden investment tracking list it should be possible)
If this idea is possible we probably won't need the option to reset stone anymore.

Without stone reset there will be only one exploit left (that I could think of) and that's creating a new guild to invest everything into fortress since negative asc. points has no negative effect. This might be avoided by adding a negative effect on having minus asc. points. Something like -1 asc. point = -5% effect on all asc. upgrades, so -100 points would be -500%. So you wouldn't want to have negative asc. points.
Thanks BeAPo, your suggestions will be noted.
I like the idea of letting the guild leaders manage in what direction the donated stone goes, but your system restricts a lot of player freedom which might not be appropriate for all guilds (e.g how buildings and reset and the penalties for leaving).

Do you think a solution would be having a system like this as an optional way to run a guild?
Community helper
Discord Username: Level#0001

guild bank cant work since stone goes with player to new guild when player leaves current guild talk
about it was during guild change discussion
(11-25-2017, 08:48 PM)erebs Wrote: guild bank cant work since stone goes with player to new guild when player leaves current guild talk
about it was during guild change discussion

Wouldn't it basically be the same mechanic as it is right now when you deposit everything in one "building"?
I think the complicated part would be when someone leaves the guild. There would be 2 options I thought of:

1. The amount of stone he invested will be taken from the last investments. The solution I thought of would be to take amount of stone he invested from the guild bank so it gets into a negative amount and than reverse every investment that was made step by step until the guild bank goes into a positive amount. (not a programmer but I think with a hidden investment tracking list it should be possible) This way would probably be the best cause you wouldn't need to reset stone anymore.

2. The amount of stone he invested will be taken from the last guild building they put stone in. (Not sure if this might be easier)
(11-25-2017, 11:27 AM)Level Wrote: I like the idea of letting the guild leaders manage in what direction the donated stone goes, but your system restricts a lot of player freedom which might not be appropriate for all guilds (e.g how buildings and reset and the penalties for leaving).

Do you think a solution would be having a system like this as an optional way to run a guild?

That might be true but all guilds I joined (6) were basically restricting the player freedom by locking all buildings expect of one. To make it at least a little bit fair there could be a voting system implemented that triggers as soon as a building gets a 10 level milestone. It unlocks the building with the most votes as soon as the majority (CurrentMember/2+1) voted for it or when the time limit expires (maybe 12 hours?). If there are two buildings with same amount of most votes there could be either another vote with just those two buildings or it just unlocks both buildings.

If there really are guilds that lets everyone decide on their own what they want to invest in then my suggestions should of course be an optional one.

There could be something like a "Guild Type" to choose on the creation of a guild:
Democracy: Lets you vote for your buildings. (Creator and Leaders still have to be the people to invest into the buildings) (there could also be a vote that elects the leaders  Tongue [kinda helpful when people suddenly get inactive])
Dictatorship: The Creator and the Leaders decide on their own what building should be invested in (the voting system might be to slow for some people so they would prefer dictatorship)
Anarchy: Everybody decides on their own on which building they want to invest in.
most top guilds vote for buildings on their discord servers
(11-25-2017, 11:01 PM)erebs Wrote: most top guilds vote for buildings on their discord servers

yeah I know that's why those top guild would probably choose dictatorship. My alt is in a top 30 guild that doesn't use discord so a voting system wouldn't be to bad. I was also in another top 50 guild in which people didn't like to use discord but they wanted to decide on the buildings as well.