Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximizing Efficiency
I want to have an open conversation about maximizing efficiency so we can learn and share ideas on how to increase progress to advance our characters faster and more productively. If you have ideas you would like to share about which upgrades are most important and why, what to upgrade first, what space expeditions to choose over others, ascendant upgrades, abilities, ect. please share with others so we can help others and ourselves get an advantage.
I will edit this thread highlighting important topics discussed in this conversation.

Thanks in advance!
Kyle
[space saver for future editing]
I've heard that other people invest in speed upgrades. Though from 1% to another, it barely feels like I'm attacking any faster. The skill of speed makes sense, since it's likely a high % increase for 10seconds. But, 12>13% overall, at the cost of 53mil gold, doesn't seem like a very efficient choice to make.
I am working on an excel sheet for calculating what is the best DPS increase for your well-earned coin. Currently I've only got the auto skills set up, and its very cumbersome to use til I can get some automated way to calculate costs (right now its mostly manual entry). I've got costs in both gold as well as AP.
Basically, for each skill I calculate change in DPS divided by the cost (then multiplied by 1,000,000 since its so small)

Since I'm also working in AP units, I will probably work on pets next to determine if i'd be better spending that 50 AP on base damage or a snake level

edit: So, quick calc later (I have a few formulas for pet damage and costs to feed) without any ascension bonuses for pets, its almost always more beneficial to spend AP on other things (for me currently, its speed and base damage). At some point the increase in DPS per AP for speed/damage might flip though, and a pet will be more efficient, but not for a while.

If anyone is interested, I can go into more detail in another thread on some of my calcs. At some point, I'll have a robust enough spreadsheet I could share for those interested
I am very interested Zieg777