Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legendary System at lvl 1000
(02-05-2017, 10:01 AM)Srw Wrote: To me this feature is a complete joke. Spending development resources and time on a feature that less than 1% of players can use. Probably one that less than 10% will ever get to use. This game has been out for around 2 years now and it will be close to the 3 year mark before the very very long term non spending players will get to access it. It's one thing to put in a feature that takes a few months to access, but a few years? I'd love for new players to get a pop up when they first start that lists all the features and how long the estimated time is for them to get access to them. "Woodcutting, fishing, mining, sacrifices, etc - less than 1 day usually", "Legendary system - ~2-3 years depending on whether or not you spend a few grand". The counter to this is every other person saying "but we keep getting more and more dps from new features and progression". That means nothing, never has and never will. The best solution would have been to implement the legendary system between 600-800. It seems like this system is meant to be the absolute endgame, so are levels going to be pushed aside and never added onto again? I have nothing to look forward to with this system, having to wait hundreds of days to access something has a way of killing the motivation and hype leading up to it. Sadly I have not even the slightest hope that this will change. Not enough people around to complain about it. As history has shown Ray has the tendency to break when hundreds of low level, inexperienced people whine(Think of last years events that has bad balancing at first.). Since a very very small % of people are nearing or have surpassed 1000, and without exception all are spending players, barely any high level players seem to have a problem with the level requirement.

lol Well look at the views on this thread vs the comments. If people actually spoke up, it would mean something. I started this game with a buddy who plays freely. He's at the same days played as I am and over 200 levels lower than I am. Sure one day, in another year or more he'll reach end game content but 3 years to get there. Free players which are the majority of players should be pissed off by this.

I am curious though as to the testers who frequently help Ray out and if the majority of them are spenders of the game. I can't see how a free player who tested this out, thought this was a good idea.

To me it's borderline funny, Ray saying in the past that he'd never release something like the BH event again which was an embarrassment and then goes to release content that only players who spent money during that event could access in any sort of timely manner.

And honestly it's such an easy fix, if he added a tier between 200-1000 right now that gave more ability points or idle/click skills have a new cap rule after x lvl. But no, 1000 first for the spenders and later when he gets around to it, he'll do content for others. I often support Ray but it's impossible for me to support this. The main aspect of the game, should not be such a tedious grind without content along the way. This isn't really just about boo hoo I'm not level 1000+ it's that after playing for so long, I expect better decisions by Ray for the IOU community as a whole.
there will be content added for players 400+ soon
legendary was added as bonus for players who reach lvl 1000 and are hit by xp hindrance 1% per 5lvls which was added to not spread lvl gap more than it is already
i am lvl 1k+ and i didnt spend during black hole event except standart event point packs which i buy every event
current legendary system is very poor but it will be expanded in future as lvl 1026 i got only bonus 5% auto dmg from it next 1% i will get in 12lvls so as you can see upgrade cost scales fast and doesnt give much bonus later
we get 25 legendary points when we reach lvl 1k and after 1 per 1 lvl up
(02-05-2017, 10:01 AM)Srw Wrote: To me this feature is a complete joke. Spending development resources and time on a feature that less than 1% of players can use. Probably one that less than 10% will ever get to use. This game has been out for around 2 years now and it will be close to the 3 year mark before the very very long term non spending players will get to access it. It's one thing to put in a feature that takes a few months to access, but a few years? I'd love for new players to get a pop up when they first start that lists all the features and how long the estimated time is for them to get access to them. "Woodcutting, fishing, mining, sacrifices, etc - less than 1 day usually", "Legendary system - ~2-3 years depending on whether or not you spend a few grand". The counter to this is every other person saying "but we keep getting more and more dps from new features and progression". That means nothing, never has and never will. The best solution would have been to implement the legendary system between 600-800. It seems like this system is meant to be the absolute endgame, so are levels going to be pushed aside and never added onto again? I have nothing to look forward to with this system, having to wait hundreds of days to access something has a way of killing the motivation and hype leading up to it. Sadly I have not even the slightest hope that this will change. Not enough people around to complain about it. As history has shown Ray has the tendency to break when hundreds of low level, inexperienced people whine(Think of last years events that has bad balancing at first.). Since a very very small % of people are nearing or have surpassed 1000, and without exception all are spending players, barely any high level players seem to have a problem with the level requirement.

That reminds me of inferno lvls. So much time was spent developing it and that feature could be reached by just a fraction of people. It took me 3-4 months to reach lvl 200 and only the top players who spent or were in the game from the very beginning could have that previlage of inferno lvls and further growth. What new players, especially from kong, had in their minds? Weeks, months to reach a system that was considered late-game. Why would they stick to the game? Oh wait, they did. Because it's an idle and it plays itself for most of the time.

The legendary system is what Ray came up with after lots of requests from top players, to have more goals in the game, especially with all ascension upgrades capped. With unlimited upgrades and further system improvements they have motivation to play, not just spam discord.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
(02-08-2017, 11:28 PM)Brouwer Wrote:

That reminds me of inferno lvls. So much time was spent developing it and that feature could be reached by just a fraction of people. It took me 3-4 months to reach lvl 200 and only the top players who spent or were in the game from the very beginning could have that previlage of inferno lvls and further growth. What new players, especially from kong, had in their minds? Weeks, months to reach a system that was considered late-game. Why would they stick to the game? Oh wait, they did. Because it's an idle and it plays itself for most of the time.

The legendary system is what Ray came up with after lots of requests from top players, to have more goals in the game, especially with all ascension upgrades capped. With unlimited upgrades and further system improvements they have motivation to play, not just spam discord.

lol That's the issue though that he dealt with request from whales of the game before he dealt with majority. Because my long time player, you and I both know that majority of players cap ascension upgrades well before lvl 1000. So lvl 1000+ are not majority who have had to grind out with nothing to do. One peek into the rankings shows this.

And it's not just legendary tier. Look at pets, why was it so important to work on expanding pet evolution and arena. I'm curious to know how many non whales are up there. Or was it for the whales of the game to have a reason to keep spending. Yes I know this is a business for Ray but I'm very bored of the game at this point in time and I can't even close my browser and come back in a month to see what's new without losing progress in an idle game?!? Other idle games, have 100% offline gains but not this. It's a tedious boring investment of time but I'm stuck, hoping for new content before I cash out.

The art assets were a nice change and all but I think the majority of us would have preferred more content before that if even for that at all. Was there a poll on that, that I missed? Art before content me me me...Idk. I also understand that Ray has put up with a lot of criticism from players and it's a reason as to why he's sort of distanced himself from us when making certain decisions but if you don't consider majority concerns and tweak the direction of the game for most, players will quit. What happens when a bunch of angry long time players quit and start insulting the game on gaming forums. It looks bad and probably does not help to attract new players to the game.

Though I have made suggestions already. Adding new trophy caps, or a couple new buildings or just something to look forward to without seeing everything capped would be nice. Yes, new ship expedition system was nice, only 50+ hours to get some I-matter, to upgrade a ship. I would have liked with Rays skills if he made that part of the game more interactive. Like a real 2d shooting ship game. Where you can advance based not only on upgrades but your skill as well, at dodging bullets. But no, just more content that if you pay to play you will advance quicker and faster than anyone else. Even fishing, yes auto boat mode is nice and all but what if he had like a bar where if you hit closer to x spot it rewarded you a little more fish value than just auto-ing. If I have to have the game running, have it be more fun. I'm not suggesting tedious content like that rpg event...please no. But just simple changes to make the game more fun. Because for instance that x spot idea could be used on woodcutting, mining and fishing. Maybe have a combo system with slight multipliers.

@erebs Is coming 'soon', lol from you or Ray, cause if it's the latter....well jokes and no jokes that may be a very very long time away. While I may have been wrong stating only players who bought during BH, I should have said most. But I do consider buying 50 bucks every month as a whale still compared to the average IOU player.
I agree that the gap between "caps all ascension skills" and "unlocks legendary" is a bit too high, and so the legendary mode is a "bit" too late. I'd be more suitable to have it around 750, but since there are plans for other stuff related to levels in between, I'd just wait...

Regarding
"just more content that if you pay to play you will advance quicker and faster than anyone else"
This is how paying for stuff works. I amazes me that being that old player you whine... It's pretty obvious that every new content should have some sort of "premium" aspect so the developer could somehow earn the money put into the effort of making it.

Paraphrasing someone else"

"Free to play games are free to play because there are poeple who pay to play that game".

The game is already fun, but it's a bit too static. A dynamic part would definitely make it better. Still looking forward for more such stuff.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
(02-14-2017, 09:52 PM)Brouwer Wrote: I agree that the gap between "caps all ascension skills" and "unlocks legendary" is a bit too high, and so the legendary mode is a "bit" too late. I'd be more suitable to have it around 750, but since there are plans for other stuff related to levels in between, I'd just wait...

Regarding
"just more content that if you pay to play you will advance quicker and faster than anyone else"
This is how paying for stuff works. I amazes me that being that old player you whine... It's pretty obvious that every new content should have some sort of "premium" aspect so the developer could somehow earn the money put into the effort of making it.

Paraphrasing someone else"

"Free to play games are free to play because there are poeple who pay to play that game".

The game is already fun, but it's a bit too static. A dynamic part would definitely make it better. Still looking forward for more such stuff.

I disagree that every new aspect of the game needs a pay aspect. Since events, at $50 is more than high enough as is. But to each their own.