Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal Garden explained
Why am i making this thread?

not because I care too much for the competition (congrats to the winners!)
but because I like my idea and I have the feeling I did not manage to transport it well in the competition Post.

I put quite a bunch of ideas into the Crystal gerden thing. So i will start of by stating the Aspectzs wich were important to me.
If not used in Crystal gerden I still hope that theese ideas can be regarded in future features.

The Basic idea was the "Garden" Idea. Many Games do have Garden so I felt like just making a normal Garden thingy would be uncreative and not really fit int IOU. Garden idea is still good, but ww can add a new touch to it.

secodn thought: We need a use for Crystals. Also you can Grow Crystals, so why not combine those two thoughts?
Thats the basic idea wich lead to "Crystal garden".

but there are some more thoughts:

1. It should not need much time. And it should not force Players to be around at a specific time.
So my idea was to let the crystals grow indefinetly and let the Player claim them anytime.
But they need soem crystals to seed a new one. in the end lettign a crystal grow longer yields some more rewards.

2. No new Mini-currency
Every feature so far introduces its own mini-currency. We already have too many of them so i designed my Crystal garden submission NOT to use a new currency. New Users are confused enough with the ammount of differen currencies wie have.

3. Increasing rewards, btu not too much.
The Formulae I suggested in my original submission wre designed in a way that the rewards from crystal Garden do increase, but very slowly. This is good for Balancing between newer Players and older Players. You still get a feelign of Progress, but it won't breack the game to much.

4. relaxed and long term Feature.
IOU is an idle game. Features add up. I did not want to make a new feature where everyone needs to focus on when it is released. I'd rather have a slow paced feature you can do in Backround without needing too mcuh attention or change of Playstyle.

P.S. now that the competition is over i can "savely" post this; I just wanted to share those thoughts.
nice idea ;]