Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXP removed from challenges
Why was it removed? I think it was a good idea so people could be active and get decent exp for spending the time clicking and fighting.
That was the intention but it was being exploited, even with smaller rates.
I was happy to see 10% increases in my exp in 10-20 minutes. I thought it was a good idea that skills only reset the first time you fight something, but I guess people will always ruin the fun for the rest of us.
My only regret with the current situation is that the cooldown reset only applies the first time *also* for the enemies you don't manage to kill the first time. So when I try again later it becomes even harder to finally kill them, since there's no cooldown reset this time. Kind of makes me hesitate to even attempt a challenge for the first time until I'm quite sure to kill all enemies till the last.

I wish the cooldown reset would still happen when we face enemies we never killed before, but if that's not possible I'll just wait till I'm able to kill all monsters on my first attempt.
That is a mistake on my part. The cooldown reset is a bit quirky due to not having initially prepared support for resetting cooldowns when they were designed. I'll try to clean that issue up a bit for the next patch
(02-23-2015, 06:50 PM)Ray Wrote: That was the intention but it was being exploited, even with smaller rates.

Did you delete those peoples accounts? You said you had a zero tolerance policy for abuse, curious as if to you followed through. Or did you change it to a 3 strike rule?
Their accounts cleared and they were contacted.
(02-24-2015, 08:29 AM)Ray Wrote: That is a mistake on my part. The cooldown reset is a bit quirky due to not having initially prepared support for resetting cooldowns when they were designed. I'll try to clean that issue up a bit for the next patch

Oh okay, thanks Smile
As a trick i've noticed in the meantime while I start hashing out my insanely long todo list before this next patch, cast your abilities well before the death, and don't bother using splat if it's just going to one shot the enemy.

In the meantime, if you use your boosts (eg. Speedboost+damage boost then splat) without killing the creature, in most cases your abilities should reset upon its death by regular attacks.